What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 release confirmed for 12th October

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple have just confirmed that IOS5 will drop on October 12th, so not too long to wait now..., although I have to admit I thought it might be today :(

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Apple have just confirmed that IOS5 will drop on October 12th, so not too long to wait now..., although I have to admit I thought it might be today :(

Not much we can do other than wait! Thanks for the update

e d o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will it be possible to download it directly to the iPad or will it need a computer transfer?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
e d o said:
Will it be possible to download it directly to the iPad or will it need a computer transfer?

No you'll need the pc to update 5.0 after that then it will be possible to download updates directly to your ipad.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
blucente said:
Yeah I was happy to find it, it's my nickname, Bartman. thanks

I know someone with the same nickname, his is because of his hair.

Totally disappointed it wasn't today

howell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sure hope that Siri comes along in version 5.1. Considering that the iPad 2 has a A5, the same as the iPhone 4S, it seems only right. If they hold onto Siri as an iPad 3 only feature, that would suck royally!

johnipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So on the 12th when os5 is out for the ipad2 what are the chances of a jailbreak will be available for that os5 as well?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
johnipad2 said:
So on the 12th when os5 is out for the ipad2 what are the chances of a jailbreak will be available for that os5 as well?

Slim.....as the dev's want to verify that the jb works just as smooth on the 4s as well. I give it 2-3 weeks after 4s is released.

Most reactions

Latest posts