What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
652
Location
Troon, Scotland
RedmondPie is reporting that it's not the only bug that gives access, it will just take longer for iOS 5.0.1.

Read "update" to post to find dev team comment.

Do Not Update To iOS 5.0.1 If You Want Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak | Redmond Pie

Thanks for that.
Yes, we know that Chronic are working with at least 5 exploits if their announcements from MGF are to be believed. Just because one exploit is burned in 5.0.1, does not mean that 5.0.1 and onwards will never be jailbroken. But if the developer says he is working on 5.0 using the burned exploit and 5.0.1 will take longer, folks need to pay attention and make a judgment call. Based on jailbreaks past, it's not likely that will mean a 5.0.1 JB will pop up a few weeks after the 5.0 one. The cycle is usually many months to develop a new exploit into a working, tested, stable jailbreak... Heck, the 5.0 JB could still be many weeks or months away :(
 

guthrien

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Location
Michigan
Yes, great point. It's a hard call. I don't think I can give up my jailbreak for a hope right now, but I'm downloading the 5.0 firmware in case I need to make a fast decision before they stop signing it. It really is a difficult choice for the passionate jailbreaker.
 

andrewak

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
Unfortunately I consider this as information that dev.team is loosing their battle with apple. I do have 4.3.3 jb now but if official 5.0.1 will appear before 5.0 untethered - I'll go to 5.0.1 because it's not a way of living - to stay always with previous version of IOS without jail brake waiting for one. If I have to stay without - I'll stay with the last. Tethered is not a way for me and I can't stay with 4.3.3 - at one moment there will be no apps for it. Sorry about my English.
 

1million

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
21
I updated yesterday evening and so far I'm liking ios5, but I would like it much more with it JB.
 
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
652
Location
Troon, Scotland
Pjon said:
I think 5.0.1 is just release ?

Yes it is. 5.0.1 is public. I'm gobsmacked that was so fast.., :)

IT'S MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME GUYS!
 

nammi

iPF Noob
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
174
Reaction score
5
yes it is officially public :

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No links to other blogs which are just confirming what we already reported here. Read the rules!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
652
Location
Troon, Scotland
For the record, in case it help anyone else out, or just for interests sake, here's what I've done...

1. downgraded my iPhone4S back to 5.0 (from 5.0.1b2), cos I really really want a jailbreak on the 4S
2. am leaving my iPad2 3G jailbroken on 4.3.3 because it's awesome :D
3. upgraded my iPad1 to 5.0.1 and have jailbroken it tethered, cos untethered on the iPad1 is over rated :)
 
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
652
Location
Troon, Scotland
Not that we need vindication, but musclenerd has tweeted the following this evening...

Jailbreakers and unlockers should avoid today's 5.0.1 until a flow for downgrading to 5.0 is developed.

Downgrade flow needs to be modified for AP "nonce" Dev-Team Blog - Blob monster ... saved SHSH blobs are not enough to downgrade to 5.0
 

Lysin

iPF Noob
Joined
May 8, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
1
Location
Portugal
So, in my case, I'm on 4.3.3 with an ipad 2 wifi. Can I update to 5.0 or 5.0.1 and later go back to 4.3.3? I have blobs saved from 4.3.3 and beyond.

And if I choose to update to 5.0 should I do it now or can I update later, after the window closes?

Thanks for your help
 
Last edited:

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
281
Reaction score
6
Location
D
Really difficult decission...my ipad2 wifi could do with a restore but I am staying on 4.3.3

I could just not live with a jailed device.
 

andrewak

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
I've decided to give dev.team one more chance :)) - jumped into last carriage and upgraded to 5(just after 5.0.1 released) then did JB. Now missing 5-row keyboard and waiting for untethered :-((
 

mlts0807

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
27
Reaction score
1
I am out of town this week and have been keeping up with this thread trying to figure out what to do but is it to late to get 5.0? Sounds like 5.1 is already out. Wont itunes only let me donwload 5.1? Thanks
 

Latest posts

Top