What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just "jailbroke" my device with iOS 4.3.5 and installed Cydia, but the Cydia app is just white and crashes when I press it, how do I make it work?

I know nothing about 4.3.5 but it sounds like you did a tethered jailbreak and need to tether boot.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
tiny umbrella update available, nothing magical, just hope.

What about this update? We are still able to safe the SHSH blobs but just can't do a thing with them?

namezox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didnt realize 5.0.1 came out because i was busy with school. Since apple stopped 5.0 and I am currently on 4.3.5, i dont know if i should 4.3.5 or updated it to 5.0.1....sigh*

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
namezox said:
Didnt realize 5.0.1 came out because i was busy with school. Since apple stopped 5.0 and I am currently on 4.3.5, i dont know if i should 4.3.5 or updated it to 5.0.1....sigh*

I guess there will be no jailbreak for 4.3.5, so why not upgrade to 5.0.1?
I could be wrong though...

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, at least get the pleasure of iOS 5. It's much better! I am of course not verifying that's the smartest decision long term, no one knows.

HumpZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have purchased an Ipad 2 today and will be picking it up later, I presume it will be running ios 5 so if i dont update it to 5.0.1 ill i be able to jailbreak it when the time comes?

thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
What about this update? We are still able to safe the SHSH blobs but just can't do a thing with them?

That's right. We are just saving 5.x blobs in the hope that the new security can somehow be bypassed and we can make use of them. Even if this is possible, it is likely to be only for limera1n susceptible devices, in other words the iPad1 and NOT the iPad2, until such time as a bootrom exploit is found for the A5 chip.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That's right. We are just saving 5.x blobs in the hope that the new security can somehow be bypassed and we can make use of them. Even if this is possible, it is likely to be only for limera1n susceptible devices, in other words the iPad1 and NOT the iPad2, until such time as a bootrom exploit is found for the A5 chip.

Whoa, I didn't know that. If I knew that I would have saved my iOS 5.0 blobs...

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh Apple is soon releasing 5.1 I hear with Siri enhancements. There goes my iPhone :( man, I wish there were some news.

mig_akira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on iOS 5.0 on my ipad 1 and iphone 4, and updated both to iOS 5.0.1 tethered. Gotta say, it was worth it, battery on both devices are almost like they were on 4.3.3!

I hope that we have untethered for 5.0.1 and not just for 5.0!

HumpZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on iOS 5.0 on my ipad 1 and iphone 4, and updated both to iOS 5.0.1 tethered. Gotta say, it was worth it, battery on both devices are almost like they were on 4.3.3!

I hope that we have untethered for 5.0.1 and not just for 5.0!

Same here mate, I just bought my ipad yesterday so its currently sitting on 5.0.1 :(

namezox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess ill update my ipad 2 to 5.0.1 after my 2nd "midterms". FML.

ahtec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

So who is in 4.3.5 should update as soon as possible right?

Is the 5.0 signing over nao? its just 5.0.1 from now on?

Most reactions

Latest posts