What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreakers Rejoice - iPad1 Tethered Jailbreak for IOS 5.1 released...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the title says, the tethered jailbreak for IOS 5.1 has been released for iPad1 owners. Since those devices are pwned for life, tethered jailbreaks are easy-peasey :D

However, iBooks users should note that, once again, Apple has fiddled with the protection around iBooks and so it won't work with the new 5.1 JB just yet. There are likely to be other incompatibilities too! Don't expect all 5.0.1 tweaks to work on 5.1. It has more changes under the covers than it appears :D

The usual threads have been updated -

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

Happy Hacking fellow iPad1 owners.

And before you ask, no, there won't be a jailbreak for the iPad2 or iPad3 for quite a while yet..., and neither is an untether for the iPad1 on 5.1 likely any time soon :(

Last edited:

amerwahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ahahahaaa i'm totally shocking seen my redsn0w got new updates.. i can jailbreak my iPad1 but its tethered!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hope they fix the battery draining by the next update. I was hoping 5.1 would fix that problem but.....

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's comforting to know that people are already hard at work jailbreaking 5.1.

I eagerly await for the iPad2 version. I want to get my personalized iPad2 back, after all. I've only had it for less than a day (jailbreaked it the first time yesterday). =P

Most reactions