What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 Ipad 2, 3 & iPHone 4s

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently updated our iPads to IOS 7.0 as I learned with the last update, Apple may appear to offer an update, but even if you don't do the update, one day you just open up your device and it's been done for you.

IPad 2: My i pad 2 seems to be running fine, but I have encountered a visibility challenge: the icon labels are so light I almost cannot see them. I found putting a different darker choice of wallpaper behind the apps made them readable. Challenge 2, similar problem: my email & other apps fonts are the opposite of normal not bold: the lines forming the letters are too narrow to see without additional light. (Feels like hitting 40 all over again!). Any suggestions? Next challenge: when asked to pick a 4 digit PIN, I did. I didn't know that every few minutes i would have to put in that dang #! I've countered with a 15 minute lead to sleep over the 2 minute one. Seems a waste of power. How do I get rid of the PIN? I thought it would be used in case of theft...???

iPad 3: HELP!!! It was running a little bit slow before, but on new IOS, I wait up to a minute for a typed letter to appear. I had high hopes when the patch update came through today that it might help, but it did not. What can I do?

IPhone 4s working fine, but it automatically updated to IOS 7 and now wants me to buy more storage because the 0.2 patcg is bigger than 1.3 gig, so until I pay Apple more my phone is open to attack?

NOTES's app: I liked the yellow page format! Once again, the print is hard to read. Surely I cannot be the only user who has trouble seeing the writing! Up until now my only wish for this app was that I would like to re-order the 'notes' by alpabetical order i stead of chronologically. Yes, I ran through the new changes. I did not see that as one of them.

Up until now!!! I would have fought like a tiger about the ease of use for both ipads & my 4s. Right now I feel like they unloaded an unvetted beta!

Since this is my foray on this forum, I'm sure I've put my questions in the wrong spot or attempted to ask too many, but what i loved 48 hours ago, I'm ready to divorce today. I need counseling!
:rolleyes:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry that you have had such a dismay about your iOS update on your idevices.

I am going to move this to the iOS 7 thread for better attention.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be the first to respond. First please down load both manuals for ios7 for iPhone and iPad in iBooks I suggest also you read through the iOS 7 threads where we have answered most of the issues you are having. It is important to understand each device will index Picts, music etc etc and this takes time. Changing settings will fix most of your concerns. I am sure others will comment but I just wanted to give you an immediate response. Cheers Colin

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..............Apple may appear to offer an update, but even if you don't do the update, one day you just open up your device and it's been done for you.

Is this true? Can it be prevented?

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this true? Can it be prevented? Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net
If your iPad is connected to WiFi and is plugged into the charger, the update will automatically download but will not install. To actually install the update, you still have to manually tap the install button in order for the installation process to begin.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll just steer clear of the "Install Now" button.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To note, if your device's storage is under 3 GB, it won't automatically download even under the right conditions of wifi on and plugged in. So for those that want to steer dead clear of the update for any reason, clutter up your device with apps or just fill it up with some pictures until the 3 GB mark, and the download won't go through.

Last edited:
OP
M

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not download the original 7 on my 4s. I noticed there was one "update" and it said it "had not been installed because (& I reversed the amount of storage needed in original post. The size of the patch is 3.1 GB) it requires 3.1 GB of storage." I am left with deleting or purchasing more storage. Also, prior update from IOS 5 to 6 was not my choice. I had not liked the map changes on first iPad, so I did not update either. Apple took charge & automatically updated 2nd ipad & iPhone first to 5, then to 6 and also my iphone this time, as I had uploaded & installed on both iPads & decided I'd rather keep 6 on my phone.

OP
M

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Colin, I'm working my way through iPad IOS 7 guide, but meanwhile I really need to fix slow typing on iPad3. I have run through many threads & do not see that particular problem addressed. If you could 'easily' direct me to one, I would be eternally grateful. Example: Apple ID took 45 seconds per character to type. (It's awfully handy having a second iPad to assist in research of problem). Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After installing new software, reset is recommended (just in case you didn't yet): press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Sometimes this will fix issues like a slow keyboard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition, people have found the keyboard will speed up if you turn off iCloud's "Documents and Data" line (in the Settings app).

Guess the syncing makes the keyboard bog down.

Won't help if you WANT to sync with iCloud, but I've heard it does help the keyboard.

I would also suggest that, if the above helps you, you submit a "bug" report to Apple at this link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/. I'm sure they'll want to know that people can't sync without messing up their keyboard...

Marilyn

OP
M

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to amend my comment on iPhone 4s: On further investigation, it must still be using IOS6 version as the icons have not changed, but in settings it only tells me that I have too little space for the 3.1GB IOS 7.0.2 installation. (I reversed the required space in first post). Thus, for the moment I will continue using IOS 6, but I have a feeling incompatibilities to share info in cloud will be problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts