What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 Ipad 2, 3 & iPHone 4s

OP
M

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, thought of that. And then I made sure all apps were updated & did a second hard start. No improvement. I did find, then lost a thread on IOS 7 "lag." Still learning forum navigation. Love your signature quote. Will welcome any suggestions. Thank you ... Will admit I owned first iPad for a year before learning the on/off hard start.

OP
M

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, go to the head of the class! It worked immediately! Now to report the bug. Thank you ever so much! It's my husband's iPad & he has no other Apple devices, I wonder what harm could come leaving it permanently off. Generally when he creates a document he attaches it to an email and puts it into Word & saves it on his desktop. Thanks again!

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My ipad3 started downloading the update yesterday! I have a limited data allowance and could not understand what was happening when all of a sudden my account was throttled. I know that I did not initiate it.

At first I thought that someone had hacked my network. Then I thought that my Smart TV was doing it. I used a restore token and literally watched as it was drained. I finally found that the update was downloading and could not cancel it.

I wound up turning off the wifi and backing the iPad up to my laptop then waiting until 2am to finish the download. There are no limits from 2am to 7am. I was not happy.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My ipad3 started downloading the update yesterday! I have a limited data allowance and could not understand what was happening when all of a sudden my account was throttled. I know that I did not initiate it.

At first I thought that someone had hacked my network. Then I thought that my Smart TV was doing it. I used a restore token and literally watched as it was drained. I finally found that the update was downloading and could not cancel it.

I wound up turning off the wifi and backing the iPad up to my laptop then waiting until 2am to finish the download. There are no limits from 2am to 7am. I was not happy.
Mine took a whopping 12 hours time. From 7am to 7 pm.

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine took a whopping 12 hours time. From 7am to 7 pm.

Once I restarted it at 2am it took about an hour to finish. Then it took forever to install and verify.

I thought that it was interesting that after all of that the screen came up for the agreement. Shouldn't that come first seeing that you cannot go back to previous version?

Most reactions

Latest posts