What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 - first impressions

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 7 has killed my iPad 2, it's now completely unusable, just crashes constantly and goes back to the Apple logo....just great :(
Might be worth downloading the new update in case Apple have cured your problem.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Might be worth downloading the new update in case Apple have cured your problem.
it downloaded with the new update, i hope Apple is going to fix this for me, i had a perfectly good iPad before this.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its just on a cycle of the home screen comes back,it crashes, the apple logo eventually comes back, then it all starts again, i cant even turn it off.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems it just fixes the Control Centre exploit and adds a Greek keyboard for unlocking, I haven't noticed any other obvious changes. There is mention of a 7.1 update in the pipeline but no mention of what it addresses or a date for release, or for that matter if it actually even is being worked on.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its just on a cycle of the home screen comes back,it crashes, the apple logo eventually comes back, then it all starts again, i cant even turn it off.

This is a prime example of why Apple should allow a reversal of changes with a new OS! All, or most computers these days come with some form of BIOS reinstatement if an error occurs while applying an update. Sorry I can't help solve your problem but I'm sure there are other, knowledgeable people here who can point you in the right direction.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a prime example of why Apple should allow a reversal of changes with a new OS! All, or most computers these days come with some form of BIOS reinstatement if an error occurs while applying an update. Sorry I can't help solve your problem but I'm sure there are other, knowledgeable people here who can point you in the right direction.
Thank you, i haven't a cue either, i just hope Apple will sort it out tomorrow.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you can't restore it, the usual fix would be to place it into recovery mode.
yes thank you, i might try that tomorrow, its pretty late here, right now i feel like binning it :(

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
have you done a hard re-set ?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts