What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wclyffe said:
I'm running iOS 5 beta on an ipad2 and was wondering if others are using an Apple ID that is connected to a MobileMe account. To become totally functional with icloud, do we have to wait until Apple migrates these accounts over? Under the iCloud signin in the Settings menu if I put in my information in it says its already configured but doesn't allow me to sign in.

Ps. Under "Usage" in the Settings app, I'm not getting any info on icloud storage, etc. which means I'm not connected to my icloud account. Anyone figure out a workaround?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard this only works in the us, but you need iTunes 10.3 but ios 5 only works with 10.5 so I don't see how this would work. I guess we have to wait for the next beta release and then it might work!

I can access purchased apps that's about it.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCloud is not active yet is it?

I was able to finish setting up the iCloud and iMessage account today and the only thing active under iCloud is "Find my ipad".

Beavix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iOS 5 beta 1 on my iPad 1 and Safari is really slow and crashes very often. I know it's a beta but I see most of the people are generally happy with iOS 5, so I was wondering if there is something wrong on my iPad. Any thoughts?

I just hope iOS 5 won't be this slow on the iPad 1.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beavix said:
I installed iOS 5 beta 1 on my iPad 1 and Safari is really slow and crashes very often. I know it's a beta but I see most of the people are generally happy with iOS 5, so I was wondering if there is something wrong on my iPad. Any thoughts?

Its very fast on my ipad2 and only rarely does a program crash and throw you back to the apps page. Not sure why it would be so slow on the original iPad.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wclyffe said:
Its very fast on my ipad2 and only rarely does a program crash and throw you back to the apps page. Not sure why it would be so slow on the original iPad.

Not slow for me.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beavix said:

Ya it's not slow on the iPad 2 at all and I haven't seen anyone with an iPad 1 say anything till now :/

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Serianni said:
Ya it's not slow on the iPad 2 at all and I haven't seen anyone with an iPad 1 say anything till now :/

Like I said, it works fine. Sure some apps still have bugs like reminders but it works well.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Like I said, it works fine. Sure some apps still have bugs like reminders but it works well.

Same. Works extremely well.

Alifaruq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the pictures look very interesting, when is the official release date if iOS 5? I'm looking forward to imessenger the most.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No official release date. This beta expires in early August though, so there either will be a second beta or a release then...

-t

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Speed is fine on ipad2 I have issues with address book not working all the time and a shut down when it goes to sleep with cover on however not all the time some apps buggy icloud works on purchase music and sync etc using us address

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been extremely happy with the performance of iOS 5 so far. The only thing I don't like (very minor) is that you can't just swipe a folder closed - now you have to touch it, or it won't close. Minor, but I'm so used to swiping :)

Beavix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I restored my iPad to a fresh iOS 5 and I didn't sync it with iTunes. Now everything works nice. No more Safari crashes so far.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beavix said:
I restored my iPad to a fresh iOS 5 and I didn't sync it with iTunes. Now everything works nice. No more Safari crashes so far.

I did the same thing and it resolved all my issues with the calendar app. In fact, since I did install a clean restore, it has not gone into that deep sleep mode anymore. I just wish certain parts of the iCloud system were up and running like Reminders or iMessages as well as complete access to the Usage data.

Most reactions