What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
col.bris said:
Just a question it seems single click on safari top bar does NOT bring page to top any one found a way to do it. Great when viewing the forums.

It works for me, you just can't slide it down because it will pull down the notifications bar. Just touch it. It was hard for me to get used to because half the time I just slide my finger down on it.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
It works for me, you just can't slide it down because it will pull down the notifications bar. Just touch it. It was hard for me to get used to because half the time I just slide my finger down on it.

Works on iphone4 for me, but not ipad2.

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a question it seems single click on safari top bar does NOT bring page to top any one found a way to do it. Great when viewing the forums.

Works fine for me on iPad 2, iOS 5b1.

Same functionality that's been there since iPad 1. True, you have to touch, because if you slide your finger, it can make the notification center come out...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I emailed the dev of icab and he emailed saying that there's an update coming out to fix the bug thats causing it not to work on iOS 5 but didn't give me an ETA :(

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
I emailed the dev of icab and he emailed saying that there's an update coming out to fix the bug thats causing it not to work on iOS 5 but didn't give me an ETA :(

Its beta so many developers will need time to make ongoing changes.

I have most everything running right on ios5, but was wondering if anyone using a smart cover finds their ipad2 going into a deep-sleep mode requiring a restart?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wclyffe said:

I have most everything running right on ios5, but was wondering if anyone using a smart cover finds their ipad2 going into a deep-sleep mode requiring a restart?

I've heard about this.

I don't have this problem though

iPad 2 owner

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
I've heard about this.

iPad 2 owner

Me neither, in fact it's very stable!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wclyffe said:

Yes. I started testing what caused it and found no smart cover it was fine with smart cover it shut down and required a force restart have not reported it yet as attempting to see what I did to create it
It also killed wifi access twice so needed to log in when usually it was automatic. Strange. Issue any one else? I have wifi only 32gb ipad2

One more thing I may be wrong but when I put my iPhone onto the closed cover it seems to cause the above. Still checking

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
I've heard about this.

iPad 2 owner

I didn't either at first and it happens very rarely, but still every once in awhile.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
I think it us to do with the magnet it seemed strange as it happened when I put the iPhone on top of the closed ipad

Worth experimenting on. I've had it happen twice and I think I did place my phone on the cover once!

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running iOS 5 beta on an ipad2 and was wondering if others are using an Apple ID that is connected to a MobileMe account. To become totally functional with icloud, do we have to wait until Apple migrates these accounts over? Under the iCloud signin in the Settings menu if I put in my information in it says its already configured but doesn't allow me to sign in.

Most reactions