What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro to Yelnatske

yelnatske

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My reason for joining this forum is to see whether others have solved problem I am having with transfer of application from my powerbook to my ipad. The application is kindle for macs and sits on powerbook. Currently, I have no kindle on ipad. So, I wish to transfer kindle for mac to ipad from powerbook. So far, I have no luck with this. If anyone knows how, it would be kind of them to tell me.

Alternately, I could download kindle for ipad. Then my problem would become how to transfer content---books, articles, newspapers, etcetera---that exist on powerbook to ipad. If anyone would know how to do this, it would be a kindness to tell me.

As for hobbies, I am potter. Ceramics artist, setting up studio in United States. Also, enjoy music, poetry, gym work. Life is good.

Other devices I use: iphone, ipod, desktop powermac G4.

Hoping someone can help me do what I want to do (basically sharing the content of my kindle app on powerbook to ipad because reading is better on ipad) or tell me that it cannot be done. If cannot be done, please tell me why not.

Thanks. Yelnatske

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You can download the Kindle app for the iPad for free from the iPad's native App Store App. According to my iPad's Kindle app's Help Page:-

"Books purchased from the Kindle Store can be downloaded or delivered to the Kindle application unless otherwise noted on the product detail page. If you already have books in your Kindle Library, you can download them by tapping Archived Items on the Kindle application Home screen.Periodicals such as newspapers, magazines, and blogs, and personal documents can only be delivered to and read on Kindle devices and cannot be viewed on Kindle for iPad/iPhone."

So it appears as though any books that you have purchased can be simply downloaded again and viewed on your iPad but magazines and newspapers can only be viewed on 'Kindle Devices'. Since you are already viewing your content on your Mac I conclude (but other Forum members will, I'm sure, correct me if I'm wrong) that you are currently not viewing any items on your Mac that cannot be viewed on your iPad.

Enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You go to the App Store and install the Kindle app on the iPad.

Once you launch it on the iPad it will probably ask you for your Amazon account info. If it does not, then tap the info icon at the bottom right corner, go into settings, and register the device.

When it is registered the Kindle app will display all the books you've purchased from the Amazon site. These will show up on the Achieved Items page. Just select the books you want on the iPad and they will be downloaded.

All downloaded books are shown on the Home page. You switch between the Home and Archived Items page using a button in the lower left corner of the screen.

That is all there is to it.

To the best of my knowledge only Books will work with the current iPad version of Kindle.

If you have side loaded content on your Kindle, stuff you didn't get through Amazon.com, there is another method of loading it through iTunes. I've had mixed results doing this. Some books work, and some don't. The iPad Kindle app does not support as many formats as the Kindle device and the computer apps.

Grab the iPad Users Guide, either from the link below, or get the iBooks app and get it from the iBooks store. It will cover how to load content into app through iTunes. Both the iBooks app and the users guide are free.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1½ heads are better than 1....mine is the ½ on a good day....

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case we're probably only sporting one head between the two of us, but that still leaves two pairs of shoulders to bear the burden. ;)

Just thinking about it makes me feel a bit light headed.

Most reactions

Latest posts