What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad with old MacBook

Yogi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a PowerBook G4 - Mac OS* 10.4.11. It won't let me add current iTunes saying the OS is max'd out and cannot be upgraded. I am trying to add an iPad1. The iPad is new to me. The iPad has current iOS and is not recognized in the installed iTunes (versions 9.x). Any ideas on how I can get current iTunes installed so I can use the iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can't initialise the iPad on your old Mac then any Apple Store will do this for you. OK - it's only a short term solution possibly, because you won't be able to synchronise or backup your iPad, but it will get you going.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Ok, you will need to do a bit of upgrading but also check out your specific PowerBook model to make certain that it is compatible, I have attached some screenshots from apple support which will start you on your way, you will need Leopard on your PowerBook for starters, should be some cheap Leopard discs available on eBay as it is an old version of OSX now. If you can upgrade to Leopard then once installed you will need to upgrade iTunes, preferably as far as it will go, if you get this far then you should be good to go.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-721507174.png
    image-721507174.png
    104 KB · Views: 314
  • image-3380054559.png
    image-3380054559.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 262

Most reactions