What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install dropbox but mail does appear open-in dropbox why ?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I already install dropbox on my iPad. When I goto mail with file attachment , I click on file attachment , it does not display open-in dropbox ? Therefore I am not able to save at dropbox.

How to make it appear ?

I try my friend iPad 2 , after her iPad install dropbox , the open in "dropbox" appear at email app. Mine is iPad 1 . It is I need to set some thing ?

Paul

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh you may be right , will try to reboot hope it work. Thank for your advise.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

Just reboot it still not work , I delete the dropbox and reinstall again and reboot again , still cannot work.

My iPad is JB , and ver 4.2.1

Can some one tell me it is due to I need upgrade to 4.3.3 in order to make it work.

Hope ver 4.2.1 can tell me it your work ?

Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, you cannot upgrade your JB iPad to 4.3.3, as Apple are now only signing 4.3.5. I will move this to the JB section to see if anyone there has any suggestions.

Tim

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much , I will remember you forever. Hope some one can help me.

Paul

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If a reboot didn't help, the only suggestion I can give you is to contact Dropbox support. I couldn't find any reason why this function wouldn't work on iOS version 4.2.1 (and it works fine on my iPad with iOS 4.3.3).

If anyone can help with the app and its behavior - it's Dropbox. I'd definitely get with them before even thinking of changing the iOS (especially, as Tim said, you can't go to iOS 4.3.3 - and you can only do a tethered jail break on iOS 4.3.5).

Sorry. And, good luck.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't imagine this is anything to do with the jailbreak. The "Open in" option or Dropbox is enabled in mail as soon as you install Dropbox.
You must choose the "Open in..." option when viewing an attachment and then choose Dropbox from the list of compatible apps, then Dropbox opens and asks you which folder you would like it uploaded to...

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you seeing any apps in the Open In... dialog? It will only display 10 apps, so if you've gone over this you may need to deinstall a couple you don't use to make room. You can resinstall them again later, since Open In... appears to be a first come first served kind of list.

If you are not seeing 10 apps, try scrolling the list. DropBox may be there, but not showing.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet,

You hits Right spot, when I try to remove those apps I start to see not only dropbox appear , other I need also came out. I totally install about 15 driver.

Now I need to thank Tim for shift me around the forum and also like to thank those who response to my post and give me suggestion.

Most important I know this is right forum , and will try to learn where to post the msg.

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts