What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile v1.6.0-1 - Now With Full Dropbox Support!

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, no fix, yet. You still have to de-activate the 5-Row keyboard to type within iFile. Hope there's a fix soon ... I always forget and then have to go to Settings to turn off the keyboard.

Marilyn

You don't need to do that. Add another keyboard(not 5row) in keyboard settings.
Then when you open ifile it automatically chooses the 4row keyboard. :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To transfer music to iPod library do we need to purchase Celeste? Or celeste and yourtube? I brought mewseek but it's a load of rubbish and doesn't work how I intended it to, the developer hasn't even bothered responding to my email I sent so I wont be buying anything off that tool again!

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using mewseek, and personally it works well for me.
If you are having any trouble, let me know... maybe i can be of some help!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rushh said:
I have been using mewseek, and personally it works well for me.
If you are having any trouble, let me know... maybe i can be of some help!

Maybe! Whats happening is I sync with iTunes the music I want. Then im out and about and want an album. So I download off amazon, sync to dropbox, use goodreader to download into mewseek folder.

I add the music in the mewseek folder to iPod library. Go home sync with iTunes and it says this iPhone has already been synced with another library. (now I'm thinking about it it maybe because I'm using an iPhone, but I'm sure it does the same with my iPad..) so any help I'm grateful!

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to test the importing of a video, downloaded an mp4, but when I go to file attributes to import, there is only "add to camera roll" how do I add it to the stock Videos app?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
I went to test the importing of a video, downloaded an mp4, but when I go to file attributes to import, there is only "add to camera roll" how do I add it to the stock Videos app?

I think you need to purchase yourtube to do this!

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rushh said:
You don't need to do that. Add another keyboard(not 5row) in keyboard settings.
Then when you open ifile it automatically chooses the 4row keyboard. :)

This doesn't work for me. I have one of the 5-row keyboards selected, plus the English (UK) 4-row keyboard added, but in iFile when a keyboard *should* come up all I get are the keys around the left, right, and bottom of the keyboard (that is, no letter keys). Does it matter which of the 5-row kb's one is using? I'm using the "numeric only" version.

Sent from a classified location.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thehamguy1 said:
This doesn't work for me. I have one of the 5-row keyboards selected, plus the English (UK) 4-row keyboard added, but in iFile when a keyboard *should* come up all I get are the keys around the left, right, and bottom of the keyboard (that is, no letter keys). Does it matter which of the 5-row kb's one is using? I'm using the "numeric only" version.

When that mess pops up, press the "globe" key! It will switch for you!

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find, Rushh!

I find, for me, that it's still a bit dodgy; pressing the globe for the first time sometimes doesn't work. But, if you have the keyboard go back down and then bring it up again, it works!

Still much easier than turning off 5-Row in Settings ... 'cause I never remember to turn it back on.

Thanks for this tip.

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and I'm using 5-Row Alt on an English keyboard; the English (UK) is my QWERTY (AKA "normal") one. There's a moral/story in that, somewhere...:D

Last edited:

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have yourtube. Has anyone else imported a video into the actual Videos app, not the photos app?

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thank you for the tip. Still no joy, though. I know the Globe key of which you speak (it's on my kb as I write this) but the fragment of keyboard that pops up in iFile doesn't include the Globe key. Along the bottom in the iFile popup kb fragment are the spacebar, two number-shift keys, and the dismiss-keyboard key (for lack of better term). Do others have better luck with the iFile/5-row kb situation? Another thread I perused said flatly the two are incompatible. Perhaps if I contact the developer something can be done.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thank you for the tip. Still no joy, though. I know the Globe key of which you speak (it's on my kb as I write this) but the fragment of keyboard that pops up in iFile doesn't include the Globe key. Along the bottom in the iFile popup kb fragment are the spacebar, two number-shift keys, and the dismiss-keyboard key (for lack of better term). Do others have better luck with the iFile/5-row kb situation? Another thread I perused said flatly the two are incompatible. Perhaps if I contact the developer something can be done.

Hit the globe key while in this reply box to change the kb and then go into ifile and see if it shows up then.
Not sure why but 5row works for me...most of the time....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9cXPUTpA4[/ame]

:D

Last edited:

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck with that method either, I'm afraid. There must some tiny difference in setup in my machine. I'll try to attach a screen shot of the keyboard I get in iFile, if that would help. But I should add that I'm not greatly troubled by this kb issue; I don't use iFile so often that having to disable the 5-row kb first would drive me up a wall.

Attachments

• image-801069702.png
    image-801069702.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 221

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thehamguy1 said:
No luck with that method either, I'm afraid. There must some tiny difference in setup in my machine. I'll try to attach a screen shot of the keyboard I get in iFile, if that would help. But I should add that I'm not greatly troubled by this kb issue; I don't use iFile so often that having to disable the 5-row kb first would drive me up a wall.

It doesn't look as though you have added the second keyboard in the iPad Settings...

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It doesn't look as though you have added the second keyboard in the iPad Settings...

Good clue, thanks. I had added a second keyboard all along, but your suggestion made me wonder if adding the second keyboard requires a respring to become "official." So I did that and voila! The globe key appeared in the iFile keyboard fragment and I could then dismiss and reload the kb as suggested. Result: positive!

Most reactions