What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent! How to sent a doc file from Dropbox by Email

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Dropbox installed and some doc files in it. I select a document and preview is displayed. When I tap "open with" (arrow on the upper right) I have an only one choice to open a doc file with AVPlayerHD.

Is it possible to send somehow a doc by email which is in my Dropbox?

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try an app called USB disk. There is a free version, There is an extension in there for dropbox. I can't tell you much more right now I'm not at home and don't have my iPad on me, hope this helps you out

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dropbox installed and some doc files in it. I select a document and preview is displayed. When I tap "open with" (arrow on the upper right) I have an only one choice to open a doc file with AVPlayerHD.

Is it possible to send somehow a doc by email which is in my Dropbox?

Yeah, Dropbox does not let you e-mail a document straight from the app on the iPad; you have to first open it with a document reader app. Then, from that app is where you can e-mail the file.

There are a lot more apps in the App Store that will open/e-mail .doc files. For my setup, when I open Dropbox and select a .doc file, I get an option to open GoodReader ($4.99 USD), DocsToGo ($9.99 or $16.99), iAnnotate PDF ($9.99) or iCabMobile ($1.99). These just happen to be the ones I've got loaded... I tested it - all of these documents allow you to e-mail .doc files from within them.

So, all you need is one of these apps I've mentioned and you're in business! As you can see, they have a pretty wide range of prices. If you only want to do .doc e-mails, go with the cheapest (iCab - which is actually a very good web browser). But, if you want what some call the "Swiss Army Knife" of apps, go with Goodreader, as it can do so much more...

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks! Are there any free viewers to send emails? if not.. I will consider buying a swiss knife then :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
arbor53 said:
Try an app called USB disk. There is a free version, There is an extension in there for dropbox. I can't tell you much more right now I'm not at home and don't have my iPad on me, hope this helps you out

Thanks! Seems that this is a pretty good free solution.
In Dropbox I opened document with USB Disk and from USB Disk I was able to send my *.doc by email.

Anyway I need a more powerful app. So I need to choose some editor with emailing function.

See ya!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions