What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

infiniboard, infinidock, & infinifolders

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded all three last night. Didn't have a lot of time to mess around with them but never did figure them out with the exception of infinidock. Looked around the download page and didn't see any instructions for how to create custom folders. Any point a newb in the right direction?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For both, there are settings that are accessible in your Settings app.

Essentially, they both work the same way. Infiniboard makes it so you can have more than 20 apps/icons per page; with Infinifolders, you can have more than 20 icons per folder.

If I recall correctly (I'm not using them at this time), they install "on" in that they work right away (they may have to be activated in Seetings ... ). So, press and hold an icon until it begins to wiggle and then either put it into a folder or onto a page. Rinse and repeat the process until you have your apps where you want them.

The stock way they both work is they allow for vertical scrolling of a page if you have more than 20 apps per page/folder.

If that's not enough to get you going, please let us know what specifically has you stumped. Else, hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
dpcardoza

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'm confused about is how to create blank folders that I can then put apps in. I went to the app section and its listed as on but don't know how to make a blank game or work folder. Thanks in advance.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I'm confused about is how to create blank folders that I can then put apps in. I went to the app section and its listed as on but don't know how to make a blank game or work folder. Thanks in advance.

Folders are created on the iPad by holding an icon until it wiggles and then dragging it on top of any other icon. A folder will then be created with those 2 icons in it. From there you can add (or remove) apps by dropping them on the new folder. (this is nothing to do with jailbreaking or infinifolders, it's just the way folders work on the iPad). Infinifolders just removes the limit Apple put on the number of apps in folders making them "infinite". :D

OP
dpcardoza

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoops. All this jailbreaking fun and I forgot to learn the basics. I guess I should listen to my wife and read the directions. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Latest posts