What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why does anyone use iKeyWi on an ipad? It doesnt support split mode which is beyond ridiculous. Get 5 Row Customizable Keyboard by Ganbold, and then get Color Keyboard HD. Dont pay money for a bad iphone tweak ported to the ipad.

I dont get how this is not a big problem for you guys.

Please keep in mind that everyone's tastes and preferences are going to be different from yours. What works for you may not work for others.

For example, I use iKeywi on my iPad that is primarily in landscape and I don't use the split keyboard option. Therefore, iKeywi, with it's fully customizable keys, suits me to a "T."

As I said - it is and always will be, YMMV.

Marilyn

smcshane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm an amateur at this coming from PC's and Androids, but I installed IKeywi on my "iPad 3" especially for the arrow keys. In Safari sometimes the arrow keys work and sometimes they don't. If you go into settings/IKeywi HD/Save and Respring, then the arrow keys work for awhile. Doesn't seem to be related to closing and reopening Safari. Am I missing something (even arrow keys part of the time are great as far as I am concerned)?!

SMcShane

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm an amateur at this coming from PC's and Androids, but I installed IKeywi on my "iPad 3" especially for the arrow keys. In Safari sometimes the arrow keys work and sometimes they don't. If you go into settings/IKeywi HD/Save and Respring, then the arrow keys work for awhile. Doesn't seem to be related to closing and reopening Safari. Am I missing something (even arrow keys part of the time are great as far as I am concerned)?!

SMcShane

The developer has stated that there are some issues with the arrow keys since 5.1.1 was released (dahauss makes that comment a few posts back, and that the developer is working on the bug). They worked fine prior to 5.1.1 on iPad1 and iPad2.

You aren't missing anything. You will just need to be patient for an update.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news. The latest update, released this morning, resolves the issue with arrow keys not working on IOS 5.1.1. Whilst I don't use them myself, I know it was bugging others ;)

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news. The latest update, released this morning, resolves the issue with arrow keys not working on IOS 5.1.1. Whilst I don't use them myself, I know it was bugging others ;)

Never heard from developer after he told me he was working on a fix. this is great…. I updated and arrows now work 100%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atlast they have fixed the arrow keys! Last problem i can see is that it doenst have the dot (.) button :(

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind i changed the alt 17 button from coma, to dot and now it works well!

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
c_strong said:
Atlast they have fixed the arrow keys! Last problem i can see is that it doenst have the dot (.) button :(

This is the problem I'm having. Double tapping the space bar is ok for now but I hope this is addressed in the next update.

Please read comic books

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the problem I'm having. Double tapping the space bar is ok for now but I hope this is addressed in the next update.

Please read comic books

Ummmm, you do know that those buttons are customizable, right? Just like c_strong I'd, you can change any of the character keys to be what you wish. There are 20 keys on the main keyboard that are customizable - pick one that you want to be the key for the period.

Marilyn

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
c_strong said:
Nevermind i changed the alt 17 button from coma, to dot and now it works well!

Just did the same thing. Perfect!

Please read comic books

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Ummmm, you do know that those buttons are customizable, right? Just like c_strong I'd, you can change any of the character keys to be what you wish. There are 20 keys on the main keyboard that are customizable - pick one that you want to be the key for the period.

Marilyn

Lol. I kept double tapping the space bar to put in the period when customizing. Never thought to switch to alt. One of those 'DUH' moments.

Please read comic books

MarkG35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been lurking for awhile.I just purchased a New iPad and have jailbroken it.
I installed iKeywi and thought I had it set up for numbers on top row.
It works on apps like Google,Nook for iPad,theApp Store,iTunes.YouTube.Messages,Safari.
It doesn't work on Notes,Reminders,Newsstand,Search,Calendar,iPad Forum app.
That's about all I've checked so far.
I have Winterboard(no themes yet,Summerboard is off)and Sb Settings.

Has anyone else had this problem?Am I doing something wrong?
Any Help appreciated

Thanks,
Mark

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been lurking for awhile.I just purchased a New iPad and have jailbroken it.
I installed iKeywi and thought I had it set up for numbers on top row.
It works on apps like Google,Nook for iPad,theApp Store,iTunes.YouTube.Messages,Safari.
It doesn't work on Notes,Reminders,Newsstand,Search,Calendar,iPad Forum app.
That's about all I've checked so far.
I have Winterboard(no themes yet,Summerboard is off)and Sb Settings.

Has anyone else had this problem?Am I doing something wrong?
Any Help appreciated

Thanks,
Mark

Well, it doesn't work with the keyboard in split mode. But, that's the only thing I see (and knew beforehand). Granted, I do have numbers for my fourth row (don't use them as often as characters), but I have a fourth row in all the apps you mentioned above (except I couldn't check Newsstand because I don't use it). Are you sure you bought the iPad version?

So, all I can suggest (since I can't duplicate your issue) is to go back to Cydia, uninstall it and then reinstall it. Or, first, try to restart or reset your iPad.

Anyone else have another suggestion...?

Marilyn

MarkG35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, it doesn't work with the keyboard in split mode. But, that's the only thing I see (and knew beforehand). Granted, I do have numbers for my fourth row (don't use them as often as characters), but I have a fourth row in all the apps you mentioned above (except I couldn't check Newsstand because I don't use it). Are you sure you bought the iPad version?

So, all I can suggest (since I can't duplicate your issue) is to go back to Cydia, uninstall it and then reinstall it. Or, first, try to restart or reset your iPad.

Anyone else have another suggestion...?

Marilyn

I purchased the iKeywi HD for iPad.I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.Restarted the iPad,still have the problem in the
Apps I listed.
I will keep trying.

Most reactions

Latest posts