What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is about "iKeywi HD". It is the 5 row keyboard tweak for IOS5 on iPad.
understood, i was just asking if there was a similar app for 5.1.1 that did not result in smaller keys in portrait mode.

sorry for any confusion.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is about "iKeywi HD". It is the 5 row keyboard tweak for IOS5 on iPad.

YEP IKEYWI is the one that works 100% after the authors update... Works great.. I dont know if ANY other keyboard tweak that works or works as good as this one...

Dougr33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was enjoying this app, until I noticed that it removed the microphone/dictation icon left of the spacebar and thus that functionality. Am I missing a setting or something? Thanks.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was enjoying this app, until I noticed that it removed the microphone/dictation icon left of the spacebar and thus that functionality. Am I missing a setting or something? Thanks.

noticed that too... any way to get it back with this?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dictation key is still available if you switch to the keyboard to the ".?123" layout first. An extra keypress, but it's there none the less.

steepcreekin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried to install ikeywi HD on my new ipad (3rd gen) and it looks like it didn't install correctly. I got 2 errors in written in red. After i did a respring. I checked my settings, ikeywi was there but it doesn't work. There is no fifth row. And yes, i did a reboot. When i went back into cydia the install button still shows up instead of the modify or purchased button. I would be grateful for any help.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried to install ikeywi HD on my new ipad (3rd gen) and it looks like it didn't install correctly. I got 2 errors in written in red. After i did a respring. I checked my settings, ikeywi was there but it doesn't work. There is no fifth row. And yes, i did a reboot. When i went back into cydia the install button still shows up instead of the modify or purchased button. I would be grateful for any help.

Which repo are you installing it from? What did the red errors say? Details are important! :)

steepcreekin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out. For some reason i had my iphone ikeywi app installed on my ipad. Once i uninstalled the iphone ikeywi app i was able to install ikeywi HD app for the ipad. Working just fine now. Thanks

Attachments

• image-2522770785.jpg
    image-2522770785.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

mrjayviper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a similar app before but somehow it gets "confused" switching from letter to numbers to punctuations to emoji. does this app have the same problem?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a similar app before but somehow it gets "confused" switching from letter to numbers to punctuations to emoji. does this app have the same problem?

As far as I can tell, iKeywi runs perfectly fine on my jail broken iPad3. I never have any trouble switching among any of the keys and settings. I don't use the arrow keys, so I can't speak to that; maybe someone else can.

Between SwipeSelection and this tweak, using my iPad is great!

Marilyn

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a qucik note from Norway

bilde.PNG

Works perfect on my Ipad - 3d generation!

As you can see - no Norwegian characters. I am missing the Å (to rigtht of P, blank at moment), the Ø and Æ (both to the right of L, just now ? and arrow up).

Any sugg. how I remap this, how do I put in the ascii codes ?

Thanks for a super app!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a qucik note from Norway

View attachment 23624

Works perfect on my Ipad - 3d generation!

As you can see - no Norwegian characters. I am missing the Å (to rigtht of P, blank at moment), the Ø and Æ (both to the right of L, just now ? and arrow up).

Any sugg. how I remap this, how do I put in the ascii codes ?

Thanks for a super app!

Take a look at the fourth picture in the first post. That is the key mapping chart - what you can modify in iKeywi.

To do, go to your Settings app > iKeywi. Then, in your case, pick the first line, 'Customizing Keys." For your Å, you'll want to put that character in for KEY13 ... your Ø goes in for KEY15 .... and your Æ goes in for KEY16. For easier reference, here's the numbering system for the keyboard:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346158633.620500.jpg

This is the same for the second set of modifications (accessed with the shift keys) - the "Customizing Alt Keys" line in iKeywi.

You just select the line you want and then type what you want that key to be. Although I don't do it myself, I've read that people have put whole phrases (and it works). For me, I satisfy my self with making smilies with one key: :D :)

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well...
maybe not... the æøå is NOT accesible when iKeywi is active on thee Ipad 3 -- I will have to "patch some files":

Even if I am an old and retired scientist with super knowledge of flowers, I am proud to report:

------ I managed to export via dropbox com.hiraku.ikeywihd plist file,
and I fixed in the øæå characters.
Then I uploaded a new one and put it into place with Ifinder -- voila !1

I can live with lower case øæå for a while, but I need to get a more permanent fix.

Is this something just the developer can fix or is the another files I can "hack" with my limited skills ?

bilde.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts