What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-Row Keyboard for iPad

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best tweak ever ... well at least one of the most usefull !
It was such a pain in the but switching to numerics for passwords on sites and apps all the time ! This makes life so much easier.

dustin83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have the black keyboard, but when I try to select a 5row option, none exist. I was going into settings, general, keyboard, international and nothing but international keyboards were there.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask the dumb question here ('cause someone has to) - did you download 5-Row Keyboard for iPad from Cydia?

The two tweaks, Black Keyboard and 5-Row Keyboard for iPad are two different tweaks... You can have one without the other.

Marilyn

P.S. And, if you do have 5-Row Keyboard for iPad installed, have you activated it through Winterboard? Both have to be done (activate via Winterboard and go to Settings > Keyboard > etc...).

dustin83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for stating the obvious...I had actually over looked the 5-row keyboard separately. I have everything working now, thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay!

Yeah, sometimes installing stuff is a case of "stand on your left foot, tap your nose three times with your right ring finger, whistle three notes from "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and then press the button"! :D

A little convoluted, to be sure. Glad to hear you've got it all sorted, though.

Marilyn

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This 5-Row-Keyboard-for-iPad is not for iOS 5, at least thats what it tells me on my iPad2 with iOS 5.01 and Jailbreak. Its for iOS4. And thats the reason Cydia tells me "UNABLE TO PURCHASE" with this. And thats the only Version I found on Cydia.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is true. The 5-row tweak for the iPad has not been updated for iOS 5. We're all hoping that the developer will upgrade it or that iKeywi (currently running on the iPhone) gets ported over to the iPad.

But, you do know the last post to this thread was last August, right? :) This conversation has been abandoned because of the advent of iOS 5.

Just keep an eye out on this thread (http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824) for any changes to 5-Row Keyboard. It gets updated as we find out news...

Marilyn

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good news!!!! There is a iKeywi HD for iPad, I had not purchase the tweak but I will advise later when I get home!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just was unable to way! here it is :)

Attachments

• image-3316733186.jpg
    image-3316733186.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 493

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have on my iPhone and iPad now :) very happy so far! Good addition for $3.98 between both devices, crazy that iPhone version is more expensive lol

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts