What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-Row Keyboard for iPad

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
I am so happy i found this thread, I HATE the stock keyboard

Is there a tweak to make the keyboard larger. I dont mind if it takes up more screen space. If not, ill get used to this. Thanks fatboy :)

(black keyboard is sick!)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there's no way to make 5Row larger. I think the designer squished it so that 5 rows would continue to fit into the stock 4-row size. The iPad is a bit picky sometimes that, when tweaking, you have to make sure you stay within the stock image sizes.

I've been using it since it came out and while YMMV, I find myself quite used to the size of it. Enough so that when I go to Cydia, I'm always amazed at how big the stock 4-rows are! :D

Marilyn

Joemacca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue as The_Franchise. No letter/number keys. Just a space bars and keys around the edges. I followed the directions and enabled the tweak in winterboard and then in settings I selected the 5 row keyboard. I'm running an iPad 1 jail broken 4.3.3. Any suggestions?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue as The_Franchise. No letter/number keys. Just a space bars and keys around the edges. I followed the directions and enabled the tweak in winterboard and then in settings I selected the 5 row keyboard. I'm running an iPad 1 jail broken 4.3.3. Any suggestions?

This usually only happens within ifile...with 5row activated...which is too bad cause I use ifile extensively. Is this happening with every other app?

Last edited:

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
This usually only happens within ifile...with 5row activated...which is too bad cause I use ifile extensively. Is this happening with every other app?

I know smartscreen settings and widgets screw up the 5 row kb.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

I know smartscreen settings and widgets screw up the 5 row kb.

Ooops...and smart screen too....why I don't have 5row installed anymore.

b2gcoder

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The keyboard visual corruption between iFile and 5-row is a known issue. The next version of iFile will correct this. Currently, there is a Cydia tweak that corrects the issue. Add the following repository to your Cydia sources:

http://cydia.hiraku.tw

then, install "Keyboard Fixer Plus". This should resolve the issue with iFile. Hope this helps!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The keyboard visual corruption between iFile and 5-row is a known issue. The next version of iFile will correct this. Currently, there is a Cydia tweak that corrects the issue. Add the following repository to your Cydia sources:

then, install "Keyboard Fixer Plus". This should resolve the issue with iFile. Hope this helps!

Thanks :D I see it auto-switches to the alternate keyboard....
Many thanks!

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks :D I see it auto-switches to the alternate keyboard....
Many thanks!

Thanks followed the instructions and it works perfectly!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Nice first post mate. Good effort!

I'll update the original post with details...

Last edited:

mitsos_82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well it works fine in safari but in others apps(facebook app, cydia) its working the old keyboard. any ideas...?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mitsos_82 said:
well it works fine in safari but in others apps(facebook app, cydia) its working the old keyboard. any ideas...?

Nothing will work in Cydia. All tweaks get disabled when you start it as a safety feature.

Facebook works fine for me.

mitsos_82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mitsos_82 said:

Nothing will work in Cydia. All tweaks get disabled when you start it as a safety feature.

Facebook works fine for me.
Well yes it works...but the extra line is not the numbers(the one i choose from the settings), which is ok in safari for example, but in some applications the extra line is with numbers and in other applications the extra line has the symbols. wtf!:confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts