What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

tonyz3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've installed iKeywi HD. Now, when I try to open a document in Quickoffice, it starts to open and then closes. I've restarted my iPad with no change. I then uninstalled iKeywi, and my Quickoffice docs open as they should. I re-installed iKeywi and the problem returned.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

I am having this same issue with notabiity, i can not longer open a doc in notability but goes away if i uninstall keyboard

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it appears that the iKeywi keyboard does not work well with Notability. Unfortunately, all I can do is either suggest you write to the iKeywi developer and explain the problem and see if he can fix it, use another app or uninstall iKeywi (this would apply to any App Store app that doesn't play well with a Cydia tweak).

While I like Notability, I like iKeywi better, so I've just switched over to using NoteShelf. The keyboard works in that one.

Sorry, but sometimes, stock apps just don't like the tweaks we install on our jail broken iPads. All we can do is adapt or adjust...

Marilyn

tonyz3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, the first thing i did was get noteshelf and yes it does work, but unless i am missing something you cannot import pdf to it. Oh well, but i did email the dev about ikeywi, no response yet.
I am curious if 5 row keyboard works with notability...

Thanks. Tony

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the iPad 3 and I noticed the arrow keys don't work in the Mail app ... Any fix for this?

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do I email author? I find this tweek doesnt work in the native email app, facebook and in some other apps, I get the standard keyboard not this new keyboard.....

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
how do I email author? I find this tweek doesnt work in the native email app, facebook and in some other apps, I get the standard keyboard not this new keyboard.....

Works perfectly in those apps for me, and all my 100+ apps except Notability (which the developer knows about). Which version are you using (check in Cydia)? From which repo? And what other keyboard tweaks do you have installed? It is much more likely something else is interfering with it...

The developer details for any tweak can also be found in Cydia by looking at the tweak details. The author is listed at the top. When you click the link and email is generated for you to fill in with details about the tweak you are using and your configuration of Cydia.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works perfectly in those apps for me, and all my 100+ apps except Notability (which the developer knows about). Which version are you using (check in Cydia)? From which repo? And what other keyboard tweaks do you have installed? It is much more likely something else is interfering with it...

The developer details for any tweak can also be found in Cydia by looking at the tweak details. The author is listed at the top. When you click the link and email is generated for you to fill in with details about the tweak you are using and your configuration of Cydia.

Are you on IPAD 2 or 3? I am on 3.. I hear it works on ipad2 but not 3

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Im running IKEYWI HD 1.1.2-1 from BIGBOSS.

I cant get it to work in MAIL or facebook. the keyboard comes up but arrows do nothing. in CYDIA, I get the old ipad keyboard.. the onyl keyboard tweeks I have is colorkeyboard and action menu

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dahauss said:
Are you on IPAD 2 or 3? I am on 3.. I hear it works on ipad2 but not 3

It did not work for me until I did a reboot of the ipad3. Now it works well.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im running IKEYWI HD 1.1.2-1 from BIGBOSS.

I cant get it to work in MAIL or facebook. the keyboard comes up but arrows do nothing. in CYDIA, I get the old ipad keyboard.. the onyl keyboard tweeks I have is colorkeyboard and action menu

I can't help with the arrows as they never worked for me. So, I've changed them to different keys (plus, I have SwipeSelection, which works great).

I just wanted to point out that iKeywi will not work in Cydia, regardless of your configuration. The owner, saurik, has set up Cydia so that no tweak that uses Moile Substrate will run while you are at Cydia. This is to prevent conflicts and avert any potential issues. This applies to any tweak using Mobile Substrate, not just iKeywi.

Just wanted you to know so that you don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot why iKeywi won't work at all in Cydia and why you have the default keyboard...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts