What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
where can I find the "ColorKeyoard HD" app?

In Cydia and the title is "Color Keyboard HD" (with spaces). You must be jailbroken of course, since this is the hacking section of the site.

h.s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKeywi HD now also supports the German QWERTZ keyboard; however, I encounter a strange error: Instead of the letter "m", I type a character from a foreign alphabet: "ท", while the capital "M" only returns a question mark... Someone any ideas?

h.s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
h.s said:
iKeywi HD now also supports the German QWERTZ keyboard; however, I encounter a strange error: Instead of the letter "m", I type a character from a foreign alphabet: "ท", while the capital "M" only returns a question mark... Someone any ideas?

To answer myself: The dev fixed the issue in the latest update. To me, this tweak is in "reasons to jailbreak" territory... Go get it ;-)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in March, y'all said that the bug where iKeywi wouldn't auto-capitalize the sentence was fixed. I just got finished taking this tweak off my iPad3 because my sentences don't get auto capitalized.

Am I the only one that this is happening to? Now that it's running on 5.1.1, or the iPad3, has anyone noticed if this bug has come back? I want to use it on my iPad3, but it is way too annoying in its current iteration. is it just the iPad3 ... iOS 5.1.1 ... me? How are the rest of you all doing with this?

Thoughts?

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whew! Glad it's not just me! :)

Do post back if you hear of an update. As I do most of my forum stuff on the iPad, I really looked forward to using this tweak on the iPad3. I was getting ready to "go to town" with this tweak and SwipeSelection. But, I just can't take the bug. Grrrrrr.

Thanks.

Marilyn

On a good note - SwipeSelection is "da bomb"! :D

Diavolonero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back in March, y'all said that the bug where iKeywi wouldn't auto-capitalize the sentence was fixed. I just got finished taking this tweak off my iPad3 because my sentences don't get auto capitalized.

Am I the only one that this is happening to? Now that it's running on 5.1.1, or the iPad3, has anyone noticed if this bug has come back? I want to use it on my iPad3, but it is way too annoying in its current iteration. is it just the iPad3 ... iOS 5.1.1 ... me? How are the rest of you all doing with this?

Thoughts?

Marilyn

Hi, It looks like that it works on my iPad3 when I scroll to my first page on search and I type on the search box the first letter it's capital

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having trouble making the arrow keys work in anything...what am I doing wrong?

ScreamingSkulls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm total lost trying to find ikeywi hd. Ive looked in cydia, sections under i, searched for iKeywi HD and I can not find it. Is there a section I'm missing? Can you guy please direct me to the location. Thank you.

Edit: Found it under bigboss repo.

Last edited:

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKeywi HD works on my iPad 2, but not the 3rd gen. Number keys often come up as blank boxes or with the shift-characters for those keys. Is this a known issue?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using iKeywi fine on the iPad3 and no blank rows. Have you fully rebooted since installation? You should reboot the device (full power off and back on again).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In case no one has seen it yet - this tweak has been updated now. It properly auto-capitalizes the first word of each sentence now.

Yay!

Marilyn

P.S. Thanks for the heads up, Leigh. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts