What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I fond that the cursor keys don't work if you don't have somewhere to go. So, for example, I can't use the right arrow to go further to the right than where I've already typed. And, the down arrow won't go down from this sentence as I type it - though the up arrow will go up.

Hope that makes sense - and helps. :)

Marilyn

EDIT: Huh. It appears that the arrow keys DON'T work with this forum (on the Tapatalk app, anyway). Odd. Maybe because it's a "live" feed? Cause it works in the Notes app...

hi Marilyn, thanks for a quick reply, I've tried loads of apps now including notes and the cursor keys don't work with any of them, I'll check my settings and see if I've clicked something off.

EDIT: just been into the ikeywi settings and done a respring, now working on everything ha ha

Last edited:

h.s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice... As soon as QWERTZ / German keyboard is supported, I'll chip in...

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDIT: just been into the ikeywi settings and done a respring, now working on everything ha ha

Thanks for the tip, was having the same problem. For those that are also having the problem, open settings and sroll down the left hand side and look for the ikeywi HD icon (it's not on the general-keyboards section) and just hit the 'save and respring' button and you should be good to go. I so missed the 5 row keyboard!

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an issue I go to keyboard international then English 5 row then ( it is activated in winter board) then I go to safari and the keyboard is blank no keyboard there when I touch where it should be safari crashes any help!

mlts0807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with ikey capitalizing the first word of a sentence? It doesn't do it automatically and I have to manually do it twice to get it to work. Any suggestions

barefootpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the same problem with QuickOffice, which is a big problem as I can't do without this app. Have contacted the dev so will see what comes back.

Last edited:

h.s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mlts0807 said:
Anyone having a problem with ikey capitalizing the first word of a sentence? It doesn't do it automatically and I have to manually do it twice to get it to work. Any suggestions

exactly the same here. As a matter of fact, just look at my first sentence's beginning...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a known bug folks. Best thing we can all do is contact the developer via info in Cydia and request a fix.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies to any of the posters above who are confused. I have split out the conversation regarding iKeywi HD for iPad from the "5-Row Keybaord for iPad" thread as it was getting a little confusing since they are separate tweaks! Hope you don't mind :)

h.s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
another tweak

Another tweak has shown up on Cydia, called "5 Row Customizable Keyboard for iPad"; author is a certain "Ganbold". Anybody having a thought on which tweak is better so far?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am writing this with the latest version of iKeywi. It was posted to Cydia tonight. Pleased to report. The auto capitalisation bug. Has been fixed... :)

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another tweak has shown up on Cydia, called "5 Row Customizable Keyboard for iPad"; author is a certain "Ganbold". Anybody having a thought on which tweak is better so far?

I've tried both. I couldn't get iKeywi to not crash Quickoffice. 5 Row Customizable Keyboard for iPad works fine. It was a little strange getting it set up, but i finally have it like I want. So far I'm liking it.

mkucuksari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am writing this with the latest version of iKeywi. It was posted to Cydia tonight. Pleased to report. The auto capitalisation bug. Has been fixed... :)
Great news, thanks for the info. Just updated and writing with it. The bug seems to be fixed :) :)

Most reactions

Latest posts