What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if you sold your ipad2 for ipad3, how much did you get it?

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
£300 for 64 GB Wifi black, no case or any extras apart from what came with it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Sweeeeet!!!!! getting the same in 4G?

That's great. How did u do that???

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mistweaver said:
I sold my iPad 2 64 GB Wifi + 3G - Black for $650

How did u do that???

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your mom didn't get it for free? Or did she insist on buying it from you? Inquiring (nosy) minds want to know. LOL

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sold my 64 GB wifi 2011 iPad to Amazon for $414. I realize I could have gotten more for it, but I'm not set up to sell on eBay or CL...I shipped off my to Amazon on March 8 and they paid shipping. I'm keeping my cases and other accessories, hoping they all work on the 2012 iPad.

dynasty82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my black 16gb wifi on Craigslist last week for 300 cash plus a brand new 23" LCD monitor that sells on amazon for 160. I needed a second monitor anyways so it was a great deal for me.

thetaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my 64 GB wifi 2011 iPad to Amazon for $414. I realize I could have gotten more for it, but I'm not set up to sell on eBay or CL...I shipped off my to Amazon on March 8 and they paid shipping. I'm keeping my cases and other accessories, hoping they all work on the 2012 iPad.

You just sold it to Amazon or sold it to someone else via Amazon? Was trying to figure out how to do it on there site and it's a little confusing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You just sold it to Amazon or sold it to someone else via Amazon? Was trying to figure out how to do it on there site and it's a little confusing.

I know this is confusing as there are several options. IMO, I sold it to Amazon because I didn't list it. However, it was bought my a third-party merchant, and I have no idea who that is. The price was decided ahead of time based on model and condition. Amazon paid the shipping, give me a shipping label via UPS, and gave me a date by which I had to get it shipped. They gave me a tracking number. I saw when it arrived and when it went into processing. Finally, a credit was posted on my gift card.

If you look in your account on Amazon you will see they have a "Trade-in Account". I had never used it before, but it has been there for a good while now. So, I the funds came from a third party, but it was all done through the Amazon trade in account. The funds come from a third-party merchant which is clearly NOT Amazon.

After watching how this has all transpired (including looking at the reports given by others on how they sold their iPad and for how much), I will probably get a new iPad every year, as long as I can get at min 60% for the old one. Keep it in perfect condition by putting a skin on it and keeping it in a good case. Then, the next year, I'll sell it on eBay for more (if I'm willing to part with it -- this time I had to be without my iPad for 1 week, 1 day - I want to minimize that time). If I can get at least 60%, preferably 70-75%, then I think it makes good sense to just get a new one every year.

I use my tablet every day for many different things so I think this makes sense. I think next year we will have a 128GB option. I want that. :)

thetaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is confusing as there are several options. IMO, I sold it to Amazon because I didn't list it. However, it was bought my a third-party merchant, and I have no idea who that is. The price was decided ahead of time based on model and condition. Amazon paid the shipping, give me a shipping label via UPS, and gave me a date by which I had to get it shipped. They gave me a tracking number. I saw when it arrived and when it went into processing. Finally, a credit was posted on my gift card.

If you look in your account on Amazon you will see they have a "Trade-in Account". I had never used it before, but it has been there for a good while now. So, I the funds came from a third party, but it was all done through the Amazon trade in account. The funds come from a third-party merchant which is clearly NOT Amazon.

After watching how this has all transpired (including looking at the reports given by others on how they sold their iPad and for how much), I will probably get a new iPad every year, as long as I can get at min 60% for the old one. Keep it in perfect condition by putting a skin on it and keeping it in a good case. Then, the next year, I'll sell it on eBay for more (if I'm willing to part with it -- this time I had to be without my iPad for 1 week, 1 day - I want to minimize that time). If I can get at least 60%, preferably 70-75%, then I think it makes good sense to just get a new one every year.

I use my tablet every day for many different things so I think this makes sense. I think next year we will have a 128GB option. I want that. :)

Thanks! The info helped. Now to decide if I want to go this route or try and sell via other means? Hmmm. :)

Wish I had decided sooner to get the new iPad...I don't have a pre-order. Hoping maybe I can grab one at Walmart or Target, not sure what time they are staring to sell though. :(

Most reactions