What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want a new iPad on launch day without standing in a long line?

thetaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I got a new iPad last night at midnight at Walmart. I went to my rural Walmart and was the only one there that bought one. I also stopped by another rural Walmart on the way to work this morning around 7am because I stupidly bought a white one last night when I wanted a black one. They still had all 5 of there's from the night before!!! So I bought my black one and will return the white this weekend.

Also, ran by a metro area Walmart on my way to Target. They were sold out. So if you want a 16GB wifi only and can get to a rural Walmart, I'd say you have a good chance of getting one.

I also found out that Walmart will only have 16GB Wifi version. If you don't want that, don't waste your time going there. This is based on personnel experience and talking to a Walmart employee that had called 4 other stores. Mixture of white/black it seems.

I also stopped by Target on the way to work. They opened at 8 and only had 2 people in line besides myself. They had 16 and 64GB versions. They also had some versions that were Wifi only and Wifi/4G. I believe they had 15 in stock vs 5 that each Walmart store has.

While I'm happy I got one without much trouble (no lines), damn why can't anyone carry 32GB?!? Not going anywhere near a Best Buy or Walmart, lol.

Still debating on ordering online to get 32GB.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you have 2 - 16GB iPads that you do not want? Just order what you want and save on gas......it's almost $5 a gallon here in Kali.

Steve220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walked right in to wally world just before 9:00am and walked out with a new 64 gig 4g model. No line. In fact, I was the only persone in electronics.

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into Walmart 1:30 am and got mine. Truly is everything they say. Display very crisp.

Most reactions