What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I will be annoyed if the iPad 3 is released this September.

Nunnotha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today the apple insider along with Reuters and macrumors have all posted stories about the new iPad 3 thAts supposed to be coming in september. I thought this rumor was dead?! I just got my iPad 2 and I will be ub#####ed at apple if they do release a new iPad n a few months!

Last edited by a moderator:

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping that mine would be around for at least a year. Oh well, I guess my GF will receive my hand-me-down a lot sooner than I planned.

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they support the ipad2 as long as they do the new one with software updates I'll be fine. The iPad2 is still an awesome device even if they release a new one with let's say retina display.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be a little annoying if they do, especially considering Steve Jobs was saying that 2011 is the year of the iPad 2 which led me to believe the iPad 3 wouldn't be out until 2012 sometime. Just remember that these are just rumors so anything can happen. So far they are saying it will be thinner and the resolution will be better. Honestly I don't want the iPad to be any thinner; I just don't think it would feel that solid and holding it could be uncomfortable. I would like the improved resolution (who wouldn't) but it is fine on the iPad 2 and that wouldn't be enough to make me want to upgrade. Another rumor was that if an iPad were to be launched in the Fall time it could possibly have a smaller screen. I guess we'll know in 3-4 months.

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure... and iPad 2 was supposed to be released last year.

I don't believe they will release iPad 3 this year.
My guess is 2012

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crystal Ball...

In my view it seems very possible but strategically not so good. The iPhone5 will come with the usual set of initial quarks, and if there are any issues with the iPad3; that could create another public relations nightmare. Remember Antenna Gate and the $29.00 thong? Besides, when everything is special, nothing is special.

Last edited:

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today the apple insider along with Reuters and macrumors have all posted stories about the new iPad 3 thAts supposed to be coming in september. I thought this rumor was dead?! I just got my iPad 2 and I will be ub#####ed at apple if they do release a new iPad n a few months!

Ther best thing is to be happy with what you got and don't worry about what you don't have. I love my iPad 2, and I'm not going to alow myself to be frustrated about an upcoming iPad 3. I couldn't care less what it does. It could get up before me and make my morning coffee for all I care. My iPad 2 does everything I need it to do, and that's all that matters. Enjoy your Ipad 2 my friend.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is just a rumor that publications love to spread and every one jumps on it Don't panic just enjoy what you have wait until the iPhone 5 release then you will know.

Sn1p3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got mine. It will be a bummer.

But I am happy with the device. Cheers!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Android tablets all have 1280 by 800 screens. iPad has 1024 x 768. That makes the Android tablet better for reading text. And while they are not better at much else (I own one), I'm wondering if Apple really wants to let that stand. But if they do increase screen resolution, they will have to improve the graphics processor too to continue to support games. Given that the new Tegra 3 chip in Android tablets is to appear in September/October, promising 5x the power of the current Tegra 2 chips, that ups the ante against Apple.

I don't know...I don't think Jobs wants to risk the iPad losing market at this point. The tablet market is really almost non-existent. I would expect to see at least 50% screen resolution along with upgraded graphics processor to support that. And since Apple decided to put cameras on the iPad (I wish they had just included the front one), I would expect to see those improved too.

I would expect this. And frankly, I think I'll have to get one. I may not stand in lines this time, though, but I really would appreciate a better screen for reading text on the iPad 3.

Max0603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still happy with the ipad 1. The wife has the ipad 2, if they release the 3 this year then we wont upgrade, instead wait for the ,4 or whatever it will be called. Same with the iphone i still have the 3gs waiting for the iphone 5. Missed the iphone4 out alltogether, imho wasnt worth upgrading for.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got ipad2 will not be upgrading you could wait forever on the next big thing, I'm happy and will hang on to it. Also have iPhone 3 gs will see about iPhone 5 when it arrives. Really can't decide if it's better to have the latest iPhone or the latest iPad WAAAAAAAAA !

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope it dose I didn't get an iPad 2 because I'm waiting for iPad 3 to come out!

Sent from my iPad to here!

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android tablets all have 1280 by 800 screens. iPad has 1024 x 768. That makes the Android tablet better for reading text. And while they are not better at much else (I own one), I'm wondering if Apple really wants to let that stand. But if they do increase screen resolution, they will have to improve the graphics processor too to continue to support games. Given that the new Tegra 3 chip in Android tablets is to appear in September/October, promising 5x the power of the current Tegra 2 chips, that ups the ante against Apple.

I don't know...I don't think Jobs wants to risk the iPad losing market at this point. The tablet market is really almost non-existent. I would expect to see at least 50% screen resolution along with upgraded graphics processor to support that. And since Apple decided to put cameras on the iPad (I wish they had just included the front one), I would expect to see those improved too.

I would expect this. And frankly, I think I'll have to get one. I may not stand in lines this time, though, but I really would appreciate a better screen for reading text on the iPad 3.

A lot of wants here ... not much fact ... lots of judgment ...
I read a lot on my iPad2 ... it is great ... my battery life is better than anything on the market. To say the tablet market is non-existent is ridiculous. You can rant all you want ...
I don't know why I even try to help you wake up and see the light. iOS is stable ... the scrolling action is superb. The graphics in the iPad2 are better than anything on the market ... you're playing the game of specsmanship. who cares.

Most reactions

Latest posts