What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to order the Apple TV ~ Now!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Just ordered my ATV! Finally ~ wanted it since MARCH! Should be here Jan 4th!

Just to make you jealous, I'm getting mine in two days!! Lol

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent looked into apple tv much although i would like to get one when i get my iPad 3. isit worth waitin for the next gen apple tv ? What could be improved on the current version ?

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not in front of the tv but the last bottom selection of the right hand menu force the Apple TV to sleep should you want to do that.
Qq
I love the ATV. Especially AirPlay music from iTune to my home theatre zone 1 and 2 and remotely controlling from the iPhone or iPad, AirPlay for videos, mirroring the iPad. There is more but these are the feature I use most. My photos also show up as screensaver.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

You are correct, apparently I never noticed the sleep now selection in the menu, thanks for pointing that out.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to make you jealous, I'm getting mine in two days!! Lol

b9e6428b.png

So not fair! Well ~ hook that puppy up and learn all you can so you can come and teach me!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, I have both a Apple TV2 and ROKU XS. Both units are really nice with the differences being minimal. The ROKU is basically a jailbroken Apple TV in that you have access to a lot of content that Apple restricts. The advantage of the Apple TV is Air Play and direct access to your iTunes library. The ROKU "can" access your iTunes but it requires additional free software. Air Play is still only available via Apple TV. In my opinion, you will be happy with either device and which one to choose is a "Honda VS Toyota - Ford VS Chevy" type debate.

Well ~ I almost got the ROKU, but I did my research on the ATV and the additional cable was only $7 ~ and for $8 bucks a month we can stream unlimited TV series and movies from Netflix. How cool is that I ask you? Main reason I wanted this. Plus that, it was time I got my second Apple Toy. :)

Yay!! So glad you are finally getting it!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I know, woman! I am so excited. Thanks to our Amazon Gift cards ~ it really helped. :)

Haha. Mines under the tree already, Jealous? Lol

Well ~ there's half your revenge, Adios!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Haha. Mines under the tree already, Jealous? Lol

Uhhh, so's mine!! Lmao

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What...........ever, you two!! By now you both have it all hooked up!

Hey ~ We can stream movies from Netflix to our iPads, right? I wanted to just sign up now on Netflix for my free month ~ until my ATV comes and ya all help me hook that puppy up. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't even opened the box yet!

And won't know what to do until I do, I may be the one needing help! Maybe AddiosAmigo will have to help the both of us! ;)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Too late now, guests left an hour ago. It's 1 am, it will have to wait! Merry Christmas to you Marie and have a lovely day!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Brisbane we're 18 hours ahead of you. It's almost 1.15 am Monday the 26th here. Christmas has come and gone for us! It was a lovely day but now I'm pooped.

Hope you have a wonderful day! Good Night!

Merry Christmas To All!!

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I am curious about this ATV...so I am going to sit and read your thread to see if I want one also!!

Most reactions

Latest posts