What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I so need help please!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, actually that link was very confusing. I just called the guys at apple, they are so nice!

Bascially, he said to create ONE folder on my computer, with lots of other folders IN that one, then send it to the ipad.

I gots it now, Matt!:D

Thank you so much for always poppin in to my threads, Sir!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, actually that link was very confusing. I just called the guys at apple, they are so nice!

Bascially, he said to create ONE folder on my computer, with lots of other folders IN that one, then send it to the ipad.

I gots it now, Matt!:D

Thank you so much for always poppin in to my threads, Sir!
So basically exactly what I said then. :D

Ok, now we start the sync process.

If you notice in the screenshot below, you will see how I have my folder hierarchy set up in Windows Vista. I actually have a dedicated external 2TB hard drive to manage all of my iPad photos and videos. The two video folders are TV Shows and Movies, the rest are filled with photos related to the title of the folder. So the folder entitled Afghanistan are pictures from my deployment to Afghanistan whilst the folder entitled Addie are pictures of our dog. The iPod photo cache is something iTunes creates, just leave it be.

You could do it the same way except just make a folder on your hard drive called iPad instead, or you could do it the way I do it to keep things a little more organized.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Bascially, he said to create ONE folder on my computer, with lots of other folders IN that one, then send it to the ipad."

Touche', My Dear. But MATT...See how I said it up there^^?

Ya gots to keep it simple for the blondes in Cali.:D Oh, and it DID work!

Okay ~ now, anytime I want to add more pictures, I just put them into that big folder called IPad, then select the sub folder I want.

Does this girl have it or what?;)

I do have it right?

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
\

Hi Poison.
Matt's method should be relatively problem free.....However, please note that when you do that, it does not sync your Faces and Places.

It just creates the events and albums. If you don't need the Faces and Places, it should be OK.

Hi Matt,
I actually did the same thing in the past by creating an iPad folder and adding sub-folders with photos in it.
Are you able to sync Faces and Places with this method? Basically, I can't find this option when I sync my photos via a folder and not from iPhoto.....:(

Rgds

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to admit, I don't know what faces and places are either, unless you mean like geotags?

Most reactions

Latest posts