What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes photos - help !!!

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When connecting my iPhone/iPad to iTunes on my laptop it won't allow me access to my photos, so I cannot tick/untick my photos and free up some space on my phone. I have 4000 photos on my phone, 1300 new and 2700 old I want to only keep the 1300 new and untick the old and leave them on a memory stick/iTunes
iTunes is no longer allowing me access to my photos the 'photos' is not there? Music ,apps ,videos, etc is there but no the photos.....where has it gone ???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Photos syncing only shows up when you have you device connected to the computer (USB or wireless) and selected in iTunes. It's not a library feature like music, books, etc.; which are stored in the iTunes media library. It syncs with a specified folder (and/or subfolders) that you select.

The upshot is that you can't see these photos in the Library mode in iTunes. You have to be in the Sync Settings view.

iTunes 10: iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes
iTunes 11 for Window: iTunes 11 for Windows: Add photos to iPod, iPhone, or iPad

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had both my iPhone & iPad connected to my laptop and they are sync'd but I still cannot access my photo's as normal the feature at top of the page along with, music, apps, videos, etc is gone ?

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug your iPhone into your computer, Windows should pop up a dialog asking what you want to do with it. You should see an option to import photos. If you choose this, you can choose where you want the imported photos to be stored. You can also make 'import photos' the default behavior when you plug in your iPhone.
You are better off using the photo importer instead of trying to manually copy the files.
If you are using iCloud and Photostream, you can use the iCloud Control Panel to set up your computer to automatically import your Photostream photos. However, this only works with photos and not with videos.

here is another solution

Wifi Photo Transfer
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-photo-transfer/id380326191?mt=8
Allows you to pull up your iPhone's images in the web browser of a nearby computer, view them and download them. The reviews are mixed but it might be worth a try and its free.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Use iPhoto for easy handling of your photos, so it displays properly on your iDevices and you can create, events, albums and folders. Simplest and easiest way.

If you're on a Mac, there is an OSX application that is called 'image capture' which works well if you want to just manually copy/delete stuff from your device. I can't help with a windows equivalent.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have imported all my photos onto my laptop and they are now stored on a memory stick....

What I want to do is erase them from my phone ..... And I can't ?????

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, lets back off and verify a few things. Maybe I'm missing something. I hope I'm missing something, because otherwise I've no idea what is happening.

Do you have the most current version of iTunes running on the computer? iTunes 11.

Can see your device in iTunes on the computer, and select it; either in the sidebar (if turned on) or the device button at the top right (if the side bar is off)?

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you .... I don't know how but the update did it I think......every time I tried to select the phone in the bar at the top it kept disappearing, this time it stayed and I can now access the photos.....yeah !!!

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right..... I have hit another snag.....how do I remove photo's from my phone with deleting them all one by one......ie manually....

Most reactions