What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I HATE screen protectors

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was using screen protectors with my Palm(s) just because we then needed to repeatedly write in a very small area! I hated the whole process of applying the screen protector. I do not have one on my year old iPad and no screen protector will even get close to it.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

Last edited:

Krick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider going without a screen protector on my iPad, but for a completely different reason from any others that have been stated. Twice in the past 6 months my iPad has been dropped (not by me), shattering the screen. Both times I was traveling and at least 3-4 days out from an Apple store or repair center. Both times, however, the shattered screens were held intact and in place by the screen protectors, enabling me to continue using my iPad until I could have it replaced or repaired. Yeah, it wasn't pretty to look at either time, but it worked and since I use my iPad for work the screen protectors were life savers.

All that being said, I've tried a bunch of screen protectors and most of them suck. The best I've found by far so far has been the PS Crystal. I did just order the Nushield DayVue anti-reflective (NOT matte anti-glare) to try, however, so we'll see how that compares.

iheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sanada said:
I love screen protectors because my youngest brother keeps scratching my screen on my iPad and on my iPhone. I don't know how he does it. Now I've got screen protectors so he can't scratch it:). I didn't like the screen protectors at first but now I love them. I hope he doesn't discover them and peel it off:$! He so cute so when ever he asks me can I play on your iPhone or iPad ? I just say yes. He can even talk proply so it just sounds so cute!

Sanada r brother a very cute brat. He scratched mine too.

iPad madness!!!

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iheart said:
Sanada r brother a very cute brat. He scratched mine too.

iPad madness!!!

Did he? Yeah I agree he is a cute brat.

iPad madness!!!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
like the ghost armor ones they sell in the malls and install for you. They cost maybe $3 or less and sell them for $60-80 and tell you if anything ever happens come back and they will replace it with a new one for $10 installation labor. LOL they still make money on the people if they come back to get a replacement.

One thing I did notice about the ghost armor protector. 2 years of use without the need to wipe fingerprints off.

Last edited:

lej_81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have one on at the mo but did try one out and got totally annoyed with it. Fortunately found a cleaning cloth from an old pair of glasses and this works beautifully at cleaning the screen with the fewest of strokes it's clean. Also I don't let anybody but a few people other than myself use it. Unless they have one too and understand how to be gentle with it.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was doing an art class yesterday and wish I had a screen protector.
I had paint flicked every where.
I use the iPad as my photo reference .

I know it came off but was a worry.
Will wrap in glad wrap for the next class!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jennyforex3 said:
I quit screen "protectors" years ago. Screen looks great and no problems for years on multiple devices.

I love my screen protector. I forget I am using one and I can clean with whatever I want!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the people who hate screen protector may also be the people who get bubbles when applying one.

I, so, agree! I went thru ~ 5 screen protectors, because I was unsteady and a doof to put it on correctly. The zagg protector was my first try and that was the worse.

Finally, I've put one decent--and am happy with it. :)

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I love my screen protector. I forget I am using one and I can clean with whatever I want!!

Also failed to mention I did not put it on myself he he he!!!

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
I think the people who hate screen protector may also be the people who get bubbles when applying one.

I get bubbles when applying screen savers. But, I would rather have harmless bubbles that face ome thing like another member had and that was to get paint on the screen .

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder when I revive my screen protector if there is ny place hat I can tie this to to have it professionally put on for free.

This is what I purchased.

This is a new, never-used TWO-PACK (one of the three-pack was used) set of Splash Masque screen protectors for the iPad 1 (1st generation iPad). Does not come with microfiber cleaning cloth, or the hard rubber squeegee-thing used to smooth out any bubbles.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had BB install the Invisible Shield on my iPad 1. On all my iPhones, I've always used a regular static cling screen protector film. I have an iPad 2 now as well, and have decided to forego a screen protector for the first time ever with any of this. I keep one on my iPhone because that's in my purse and always sitting out on my desk at work, etc. But my iPads are always covered when not in use, so it's not as big a deal. One thing though, the Invisible Shield does cut down on fingerprints, but I also have about ten wipe cloths through the years and always have one nearby and can just wipe the screen. If I were to do anything, I'd possibly just get another static cling screen protector. On my iPhone I've installed my own (though even there I've had to do a re-do a couple times when I didn't line things up just right, and then had to delicated get a piece of dust out of the way. A minor bubble doesn't bother me. Hair or dust trapped under would as that's what could possibly scratch it.

Most reactions