What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I HATE screen protectors

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use screen protectors as a rule but I will be getting one for my iPad. Not to protect the screen against scratches but to minimize the glare. Apple is in love with reflective screens but the glare is driving me nuts.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use screen protectors as a rule but I will be getting one for my iPad. Not to protect the screen against scratches but to minimize the glare. Apple is in love with reflective screens but the glare is driving me nuts.

This.

crawdad62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know one thing about them. They're outrageously priced for what you receive.

I ordered and received the Speakeasy Nude and it came with a protector. I haven't received the iPad yet so I figure I'll put it on right for the start when I pull of the protective film that the iPad ships with.

I had one on my iPhone and it was okay. But when the edges started to pull back a bit I took it off. I'm sure that'll be the case with this one too.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a rule I hate screen protectors but would consider one if it felt and looked like the original screen. I like the super slick feel of glass.

Phantom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.branwenconcepts.com
My Invisible Shield Is Working Great. You Just Have To Be Patient When You Apply It To The iPad. Just Start Applying It At The Bottom And Make Sure The Screen Is Lightly Sprayed. Then Work Your Way Up. Now I Rarely Have A Fingerprint Problem On The Screen.

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it makes the screen less sensitive if you have a screen protector on?

For example on my Blackberry Storm especially around edges you really have to press down on a button (qwerty landscape) to get it to work with screen protector that was included with the Otterbox case.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bubbles go away after a few days. They will not be there forever. I have the same screen protector from Marware (they threw it in because it took forever for them to ship the case). It works great and the two small bubbles there were there initially are gone now (5 days later).

shokwaves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put on the Zagg Ivisible Shield, full body, I feel more at ease when I set it down. Just know that everything scratches unless you have a diamond, glass can easily scratch with a sharp point, accidents happen and after nearly $1,000 invested on this device and extra $25 bucks is well worth spending. It now feel more grippy, making it easier to handle. No bubbles or a single dust particle. I made sure I put the shield on as I peeled the original clear cover off.

FirstApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine in apple store here in china. The guy is very professional on putting the film. You will not notice that there is a screen protector on my screen. I also bought leather case just fits exactly on iPad.:p

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good lord - I so hate screen protectors. Several years ago I swore them off forever. So I got my 3G iPad and bought the Square Trade warranty with the screen replacement policy.

Today I received my MareWare Eco-Vue case. Really nice - I'm a little concerned about the tab that holds the unit in - but it appears to be a solid good looking unit. I am also surprised a bit in that I was concerned the bulkiness would turn me off - and I actually prefer the feel more than the Apple case - it feels more stable / secure.

I digress - the unit also came with a screen protector. So - I just spent 10 minutes trying to get this thing on. Cleaned the screen dusted with a microfiber - got my credit cards, etc.

My mistake - I forgot I needed to install the protector in a clean room used for assembling nuclear triggers. I ended up with about a dozen small bubbles spread out all over the damned thing - which I probably could have worked most out - but alas - a piece of dust the size of a micron (probably moon dust) remains - looking like I need to call the windshield chip-fill people to fix my damaged screen protector.

Enough of this crap - goodbye screen protector - hello screen!

I use Power Support Anti Glare on my iPhone and it looks like it's not even on there. I already received the Power Support Anti Glare for my iPad. That's the first thing that will go on my iPad before I even power it on.

Most reactions