What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hypocrisy In the forum - Why ?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason I have to few apps is most of them seem to simply repackage the web, like this one.

Wow. This is exactly how I feel! I can pop to a site faster than the speed of lightening, it seems:D ~ then going through an app!

I have always wondered why people get an app, when you can just pop to the site so fast? Even faster!

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm forcing myself to use the app and have been for a few days. Some aspects of it are interesting but browsing in general is slower and somewhat more tedious.

I must give it a week and then I'll rate it.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As promised I've rated the app and even wrote a review and I'm the first and only one to have done it. Who's next?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As promised I've rated the app and even wrote a review and I'm the first and only one to have done it. Who's next?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Weird, I have rated and given a review as of the date of my first response...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just discovered one other thing that doesn't show up on the IPF app. I recently edited some "naughty words" from a post and posted the reason. On the "normal" web version, it shows that a post has been edited, by whom and why, but on the app, none of this shows up.

Yeah, I know that someone (or several someones) put a lot of time and effort into the app, but I still prefer using the web version... even on my iPad.

Sorry!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From the position of a noobie and not having used the website for writing e-mails but purely using the app on my iPad. I have to say it's easy to use and I have really enjoyed reading about you guys so thank you. I had forgotten that the app name started with Discussion so couldn't rate it but I have now. If like me, you have a load of people joining purely from the app, maybe more of you can rate the forum and hopefully the app devs could improve it purely through your ratings?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried it, didn't like it. As my mamma used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mother used to tell me to eat my vegetables because they were good for me!

deftdrummer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rate apps all the time because I am a writer and I use thoughts to convey my feelings toward an app good or bad. One thing I WON'T do is say what the app needs in the review, but rather it's shortcomings at current state.

I email developers directly about bugs or feature requests and if I don't hear from them I don't care I start looking for a new app. I think people should realize that if an app is merely so so (3 stars) then it helps to make would be purchasers aware of that as well.

Just can't get over how lazy people are in the US these days.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't rate apps anymore because it seldom pops up on my phone anymore asking: would you like to review this app. I'm like others, I usually only rate them if they suck so improvs can b made quickly. I'm of the persuasion that people can get to a point where they feel like somethings so good n it never needs work. I'm a writer too and I know that everything always needs more work. So I only leave it up to friends to give me positive feedback on what's working. Anybody else is just tooting my horn. That's my .10 though.

Btw. Using iPF. Not bad (it would be hypocritical to rate it at this point)

Ease if access works great. I think I can do everything on here that I can do online If I take the time. It's easier to suscribe n unsusc in the app tho. :D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My defence is laziness. Hypocrisy takes effort.....

I too prefer the browser.

Most reactions

Latest posts