What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hypocrisy In the forum - Why ?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Jan 11 we were all happy with the new iPAD application, allowing us to access the forum through a dedicated application "discussion Forum for iPads Users". There were more then 2000 viewer to the thread and 52 responses.
here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...atulation-new-ipad-application-our-forum.html

Well I took a look yesterday into the iStore, what the rating was. I was ashamed to see that it was empty. no one bothered to rate the application. Yes. Including me.
I my self made it a habit to go back after 2 weeks to rate an application I downloaded free or paid.

Someone invested many hours to create the application. During the first couple of days every one was applauding.
But I think it's time to rate it on the iStore as well.

No. It not my application ( I wish).

Thanks.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You make a good point, I am on the way to rate it now!

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres my rate. 1 star. If it's a 5 star or 4 even, I'll take my time to rate an app. 3 is iffy depending if it's bug related or something minor that prevents a 4.

Stereo flab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Indeed - although maybe just lasiness/forgetfulness rather than hypocrisy? I'm off to do it!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't/won't rate something I'm not using.

I download the app and overall, I really, really like it. It's so easy to use and very well thought out. I was very excited when I saw it.

Except ... no way to increase the font size. None. And, the font size is way too small. It's too uncomfortable to use. I've e-mailed the developer, but I've not heard anything. As it stands right now, I'd give it one star for usabilty.

So, it's no longer on my iPad and so, although I've downloaded it - it's not rated by me. If the font size becomes optional, it'd get 5 stars...

Marilyn

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with Mickey, I too won't rate an unused app. I want to support the iPad forum but after using it for a day or two, I missed the greater visibility on the website. You might think I'm daft but I also like seeing the various ads on the website. The ads give me ideas on available accessories.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out about the app and I'm trying it now.

This is hard to get used to because I've been participating in forums in this layout for years now and the way the app is set up feels weird so far and I can't get my bearings in yet.

I usually start by going to my UserCP to see updated threads and then I go to active topics. Right now I can't find my updated threads, does this have to do with push notifications? If so I don't think I'll use it. Push notifications clog up a device for nothing and you have to use it full time for it to be useful like on a phone. For an iPad? Meh!

I'll keep on trying it for a while but for now it's too different from the net version to be comfortable.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
On the Jan 11 we were all happy with the new iPAD application, allowing us to access the forum through a dedicated application "discussion Forum for iPads Users". There were more then 2000 viewer to the thread and 52 responses.
here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/16738-congratulation-new-ipad-application-our-forum.html

Well I took a look yesterday into the iStore, what the rating was. I was ashamed to see that it was empty. no one bothered to rate the application. Yes. Including me.
I my self made it a habit to go back after 2 weeks to rate an application I downloaded free or paid.

Someone invested many hours to create the application. During the first couple of days every one was applauding.
But I think it's time to rate it on the iStore as well.

No. It not my application ( I wish).

Thanks.

Good idea! Just went and rated it. The app does everything I need it to.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
This app, after doing some research, is just the ForumRunner app rebranded. The author paid ForumRunner the money to rebrand the Paid version of ForumRunner in order to offer it for free to the members of the forum.

Is it usefull? Yeah. Does it do everything the main website does? No. Was there a lot of time involved? No. In fact, there was more time involved on the iPadForums.net side because the ForumRunner addin for these forums had to be uploaded and the theme edited in order to support ForumRunner.

I applaud the effort and the outpouring of the cash for the app.

If you want more information, go to Forum Runner - vBulletin / phpBB Forum iPhone App

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the layout and lead articles on the web site. A picture will peek (sp) my interest rather than scrolling thru threads.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I can't/won't rate something I'm not using.

I download the app and overall, I really, really like it. It's so easy to use and very well thought out. I was very excited when I saw it.

Except ... no way to increase the font size. None. And, the font size is way too small. It's too uncomfortable to use. I've e-mailed the developer, but I've not heard anything. As it stands right now, I'd give it one star for usabilty.

So, it's no longer on my iPad and so, although I've downloaded it - it's not rated by me. If the font size becomes optional, it'd get 5 stars...

Marilyn

Font too small for me too. I'm actually using the app right now and like it but have decided to go back to Safari viewing because of the very small font size

Diane

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it but don't use it. Only used it once, actually. I prefer using the regular site.

I think this thread is a little silly. So because it is not used, or rated, people are hypocrites?

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually use it more often than not. Sometimes its just easier to be on the app but then I'll go to do something that's not supported (or I can't figure out) and I'm loading up the website instead. I do like how fast it loads threads and how you can scroll through all the pictures in the thread without having to go to each post and expand. I don't like navigation at all. I never rate apps... thats just me. If it is a free app (in general) then I'm thankful and if its a free "version" and I like it I reward the maker by purchasing the paid version. If its a paid version the maker already got my $ and therefore acknowledgement. :) Plus I'm lazy.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think this thread is a little silly. So because it is not used, or rated, people are hypocrites?

Or, like me, they're nice. I didn't like it and deleted it within a day, but I didn't rush off to bash it or try to rain on everyone's parade. The reason I have to few apps is most of them seem to simply repackage the web, like this one.

Most reactions

Latest posts