What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huffington Post iPad App

rwstaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with updated IPad app. It crashes immediately when you engage it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Double tap on the Home key to get to the multitask bar. Tap and hold on one of the icons until they start to jiggle, and the minus sign appears. Tap the minus sign on the offending app to close it. Tap the Home key again to exit, then try launching your app again.

If that does not work try a Restart, and then a Restore if still not working.

Last thing to try is to delete the app and re-download it from the App Store.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

ballb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the app too. But having same problem in that, since upgrade, app crashes on start every time. Tried removing from tray and restarting as well as hard restart. Still crashes. I just went into iTunes expecting an upgrade and many complaints: Sure enough - 12 complaints about crashes since upgrade and no good reviews at all...seems there is a problem, but no upgrade yet.

So much for AOL acquisition, eh?

Jechcostudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried this and it still wont open. Is tere a way to get the older version? It worked fine. I have not tried sync'ing with my mac mini which has the older version. Is ther a way to do that?

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with Huffington. This is what I did that solved it for me: ( I have an iPad 2)
1-'X' ed out the application from my iPad
2- synced my iPad with my PC and went into the 'apps' area on iTunes and unchecked Huffington to sync with iPad
3- went into app store and re-downloaded Huffington for iPad
4- Voila! It works.

Good luck.

Woodstock18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huffington post app gone?

Anyone else having trouble accessing the huff post app? It appears to have been removed rom the app store as well??!?
Any info would be great
Sean

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woodstock18 said:
Anyone else having trouble accessing the huff post app? It appears to have been removed rom the app store as well??!?
Any info would be great
Sean

It's still in the UK App Store.

The Archangel

cjb4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is still on the US site as well. I am having a slightly different problem. I can load it and read the news feeds but whenever I try to launch a slideshow it freezes. it doesn't matter which slideshow it reacts the same. I then have to do a reboot or reset to unfreeze. Any thoughts on how to fix. I have tried everything suggested above. Have not yet tried a full restore.

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with slide shows on the Huffington Post iPad app. The entire app freezes up when I try to launch a slideshow.

wbf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the same problem for the better part of 2012. Earlier versions of the app and sideshow worked fine. I've emailed tech at Huffington Post and never gotten an answer. Maybe they don't care

Most reactions

Latest posts