What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To: Set Up Your iPad the Right Way

kimpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally updated my itunes and now have locked the apps on my brand new Ipad,can you help me unlock the screen?

genius neuron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by the way, im just wondering if i can use my ipad in making or should i say encoding my documents? (like microsoft word or excel?) and then retrieved it for my office presentation? thanks..

genius neuron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys does any one knows if we could do some encoding in ipad like documents or something? and then save it as file? plsssss let me know...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi my name is jerry and i got an i pad for my dauter and i can't get it to work
Jerry,

Download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

aj8257

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there an "I agree" box to check when the I tunes terms and conditions link is showing

Nancyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your guide

This was helpful except it didn't address connecting to the Internet. Mine won't do it on my wireless at home. Do you have to have 3G data plan? If so, my apps icon tells me can't connect to the server. What is a girl to do?

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nancy, you don't need to have a 3g data plan if you have a wifi connection.

Is wifi switched on on your iPad?

Parisian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if someone can help please. On connecting my iPad (3G) to iTunes for the first time it just said 'Your iPad is Ready for use. After inserting a new SIM, connect to iTunes' and not the Welcome message displayed in the first post. Is there any reason for this particular message?

My iPad is brand new but was bought secondhand, and I've been unable to register it on Apple as I don't have the original date of purchase. They then ask for proof of purchase, but is that for me to supply what I don't have or for them to confirm it's purchase?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :)

EDIT: I've solved this, in my haste yesterday I was checking for the warranty prior to activating the iPad. I've since checked it again this morning and all is well. Phew, my iPad is 100% genuine.

Last edited:

suri441

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi that a great intro for a novice like me..suddenly my Ipad is not getting linked to WiFi?I dontknow how to get it linked..can you advice?tks

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I messed up trying to add my new IPAD3 to my Itunes account and IMAC home computer. I have an IPAD1 with all the apps I want and need and would like to just transfer them over to my new IPAD3. I do not have wifi, just ATT3G and XFinity ethernet on my IMAC with no wifi on it. My apps have shown up on my IPAD3, but none of the apps have any saved data from IPAD1....it is like they are all new and I have start over including all my fav stops on Co Pilot Live GPS, and my created tunes on Garageband. I was able to finally synch my Itunes library....but Itunes still does not recognize three accounts....only two...my new IPAD3 acts like it is only partially synched. I still do not have my contacts transferred and don't know how. EMail is up but I had to manually add the accounts. Can someone help me unscrew-up???? (SRI I am a novice over 70 but I think I am lucid...lol)

Most reactions

Latest posts