What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[How To] Sync photos to your iPad with iTunes

Jomo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried To Sync Photos and Deleted Apps

Hello... new user... I went to sync photo tab, selected same folder previously synced to which I had added new pics... A pop-up comes up telling me if I continue my apps will be deleted... ??? What am I missing ?

thanks

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pictures are transferable to your computer. I just plugged my ipad into my computer and opened up the different folders of the pictures that I had put directly on my ipad from my camera. I then dragged the photo over to my picture folder on my computer and there it is now. I really like the camera connection kit alot because you can download your pictures so that people can look at them on a larger screen instead of squinting at the digital screen on your camera. Also, you can plug in the card reader and look at the pictures that way.

Dan.andrews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
New to iTunes etc but many years in pc, but don't hold that against me. :)
After syncing a folder with pics on my pc, I now go to that folder on my pc and cannot see the pics
They now have changed to weird names etc. How do I get the pics back to my computer?
Thank you very much
Dan

Rayhugh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photos again

Check out your post which was great. This is the first time I have been on this forum so not too sure about the etiquette.

I am struggling to sync my photos from my laptop:
I have selected the correct folder on my Laptop
I have checked 'selected folders' on Itunes. All looks well
On Itunes, it gives me the correct number of photos I expected
I sync but no photos on my IPAD

What is the problem

manojchandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a big problem. My iPad has many pics that I put on it directly from camera. They are not on my pc. Now when I try to sync I get a message that I interpret as disaster. I think all those pics on my iPad will get deleted. How do I bypass this. I downloaded copytrans, but the transphoto does not have backup facility for iPad photos.

soham100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transferring photos from other iTunes

Hello,

I need a small help ..

I hv sync-ed my iPAD to my home PC's itunes.

Now my friend has some pics of mine on his laptop. Now I want to transfer those pics from his laptop's itunes to my iPAD.

But when I connect to his laptop's itunes and select the folder of pics and want to sync, it says tht old pics will be removed.

So how can I transfer those pics to my iPAD?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
soham100 said:
Hello,

I need a small help ..

I hv sync-ed my iPAD to my home PC's itunes.

Now my friend has some pics of mine on his laptop. Now I want to transfer those pics from his laptop's itunes to my iPAD.

But when I connect to his laptop's itunes and select the folder of pics and want to sync, it says tht old pics will be removed.

So how can I transfer those pics to my iPAD?

The iPad can't behave like a memory stick easily, which is what you would have wanted in your scenario. The Apple "sync" is meant to bond with one computer, not be a freewheeling gypsy, unfortunately in some cases.

In your scenario, I suggest using a USB thumb drive or having your friend zip up and email the photos to you.

Buzzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did exactly as mentioned in the first post (although the pics are not working), and all my photos (3800) were stuffed into one giant folder!
None of the selected folders on my PC were transferred...just all the pics.

Is there a way to make folders on the iPad and just move the pics to the correct folder?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buzzer said:
Did exactly as mentioned in the first post (although the pics are not working), and all my photos (3800) were stuffed into one giant folder!
None of the selected folders on my PC were transferred...just all the pics.

Is there a way to make folders on the iPad and just move the pics to the correct folder?

Instead of selecting every folder, you should have stepped backward one folder and select the ONE folder that contains the sub-folders. Then it should retain your folder structure.

You must do this on the computer, can't do it on the iPad.

JinnyJo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so very much for this! I managed to download every photo on my PC when I synched my iPad2 for the first time. Even without the pictures, I managed to remove them and establish another folder on my computer that I will always store the photos I want on my iPad. You did a fantastic job writing it....loved the humor!

Hugs, Ginny

soham100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Glen,

what if my primary laptop crashes and all the data is gone .. Now I need to sync my ipad to my other laptop's itunes ..

So now syncing will remove all the photos as I dont hv those pics on my other computer .. wht to do?

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi , I need your help !!!

After restoring my iPad (everything went smoothly) ,the only problem I have is I lost two picture folders.They are in iPhoto but now when I try to sync them back on my iPad , I get an error message saying they are not found.

I tried to restore a second time , same problem , even after rebooting my computer and iPad.
I can sync any photo folder from iPhoto but not those two .

I have restored my iPad once before and that didn't happen. Any idea on what I sould do ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

As usual , about an hour after posting the above , I found how to fixe this issue !!!!

Last edited:

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
soham100 said:
Hi Glen,

what if my primary laptop crashes and all the data is gone .. Now I need to sync my ipad to my other laptop's itunes ..

So now syncing will remove all the photos as I dont hv those pics on my other computer .. wht to do?

You will need 3rd party software to do this. One example is Tansee (google it) which would allow you to transfer your synced photos to your computer. Depending on what version you get, you could probably also transfer your music. Your apps can just get transferred to your new iTunes through transfer purchases.

Before you sync to the new laptop, make sure all your data is on your new laptop, or else the sync will erase it all.

Final point, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but backing up the iTunes library is very Important!!! If your data isn't in at least three places, then it doesn't exist (or at least don't expect it to be for very long).

Most reactions

Latest posts