What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to save/backup Notes including pictures/photos in it

warhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys

I write many notes on Notes application of ipad and
I also include photos inside each note, I wonder if any of you guys tried this but it is working and a perfect option! However, whenever I backup / send via airdrop / or copy a note from Notes and email to another device, the photos inside each note cannot be sent but only the notes are sent with letters. I need to backup my notes with the photos included asap.

Can anybody help me on this?

Regards!
Hasan

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What version of iOS are you using, and are you using the built in Mail app? I've just tried sending a note with Mail, Messages, and the picture was included.

Copy and Paste is another issue. It will work in some apps, and not others. It depends on what developer's allow (or maybe enable). For instance, copy&paste does not work for me with Pages or Google Docs, however it works fine with Evernote.

With iOS 9 (due out in a few minutes) the Notes app is getting a big update. Perhaps they will have more format options when sharing. It would make sense for it to have PDF export ability, since they are going to include some drawing tools.

OP
warhammer

warhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 8.4.1 with me now and I will never update the IOS unless I update my notes to a safe environment because it keeps a lot of stuff now. I have been keeping notes for the couple of months back. It is a treasure for me now :)

I will give it a try with Evernote, thanks!

I dont know why they did not pay much attention to Notes because it is a very nice app and I suppose many people are using it. Sometimes I lose my notes and fortunately find them in the email and backup later on. Otherwise I would lose my mind :) I never lost my notes with pictures yet. If I lose, I wonder wheter the email backup will fix it. :S

Well, if I can save my notes via a proper application, I would turn them to pdf immediately. If I cannot, I won't upgrade my IOS unfortunately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't forget your Evernote account comes with an email address. It should be easier than using copy&paste.

Are you using iCloud or some other email account to sync your Notes? There may be other options, depending on what you use.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've updated to iOS 9, and checked out Notes.

No notes were lost. Hold in mind I only have two. And I sync with iCloud, so I could have retrieved them from icloud.com
I can no longer copy&paste to Evernote; however emailing the note still works fine.
The new drawings are treated as pictures when emailing.

No new PDF export options, sad to say. You can however save the images separately from the notes. Handy if you want to save a drawing to the Photos app.

The drawing mode has a ruler you can move around to draw straight lines. Kind of cool.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A couple of new features in Notes for iOS 9 that might convince you to upgrade.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442543959.639216.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442543972.148259.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind the folder feature only works with iCloud sync set up, or local (no sync). Yahoo, Gmail, and other email clients can's support folders, because they use an IMAP hack-around-solution to work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The more I read about the new Notes app, the more impressed I am. You can use the new Notes extension to copy text or images to a new or existing note from almost any app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442546060.029942.jpg

OP
warhammer

warhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, thanks for the replies and detailed information about my thread. I appreciate!

I will update the IOS and see what ll happen.

Thanks again!
Cheers!!

The more I read about the new Notes app, the more impressed I am. You can use the new Notes extension to copy text or images to a new or existing note from almost any app.

View attachment 67613

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

So far the upgrade seems to have gone smoothly for most people; but make sure you do a backup first. I like to do one both on iCloud and in iTunes on the computer.

Compared to last hear Apple seems to have done a much better job with the upgrade process and number of initial bugs. But last year was a cluster, and didn't get mostly cleared up until 8.1.3.

But, if you are not in a hurry, it wouldn't hurt to wait a few weeks to be sure. The first point update almost always improves something.

OP
warhammer

warhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded the ios and then the notes. Now I fcking lost the pictures inside the notes...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. And now I feel guilty for encouraging you, talking about all the new features.

I hope you managed your initial goal of backing them up first.

Most reactions

Latest posts