What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remote control an IPAD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe4387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With everyone researching this topic for the iPad (and I did a lot myself and came up with the same unfortunate answer), did anyone come across a way to remotely control an Android-based tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy, from a Windows PC? I'd love to purchase an Ipad for two elderly relatives who live a distance away, but I'm not going to do that without me being able to remote in. They currently have Windows desktops, and my remote control (with GoToMyPC) is a necessity sometimes. I only found one thing on an Android tablet forum about remoting into an Android tablet, but it was too complicated.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
With everyone researching this topic for the iPad (and I did a lot myself and came up with the same unfortunate answer), did anyone come across a way to remotely control an Android-based tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy, from a Windows PC? I'd love to purchase an Ipad for two elderly relatives who live a distance away, but I'm not going to do that without me being able to remote in. They currently have Windows desktops, and my remote control (with GoToMyPC) is a necessity sometimes. I only found one thing on an Android tablet forum about remoting into an Android tablet, but it was too complicated.

There is no easy way to do that for any tablet. Sorry.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Claudewarlock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hy Jcb, take a look: I am looking for something slightly different that it is a big touchscreen that can work/control as BIG Ipad,
maybe
will be necessary an app that let to interact the pc and the Ipad, til now only 1 company in the world did it and it is crunchylogistics.com, but I think that like the padzilla they realized, it is the pc that controls the ipad connected in the big interactive table, but they ask for too much money!!! and I know like all, that the real costs it is really cheap and lower , so Guys! let's go with the brainstorming, Geniouses! I opened also a post to have a real solution, since it exists!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just because they say it is 'like' an iPad does not mean you can do the same thing with an iPad.

However; If you were talking about the Padzilla product, it can be emulated with an iPad, an HDTV, AppleTV, and Mirroring (or you can skip the AppleTV if you're willing to use the HDMI cable). You can't do stuff directly on the HDTV screen, but you can show almost anything you do on the iPad on the HDTV.

None of this has much of anything to do with the thread's subject though.

Arbuthnott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Early on, someone was asking why one would want to remote control an iPad, as if there were no reasonable need for this. In my case, my 85 year old mother is an interested computer user, living on the other side of the world, who occasionally needs assistance. For her computer, we are able to VNC into the system and show her stuff directly on the screen, which she learns from very conveniently. It is much more difficult explaining things on the iPad when we can't see what she is doing and have to rely on her descriptions.

I would be very keen to find the equivalent of VNC into the iPad in order to assist with her learning curve on that device as well.

manuel78alves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remote Control

I scanned through this thread and didn't see a similar listing, so forgive if I've overlook it:

Ive been hunting for a small remote control just to control playback on my iPad 2 and this is the nearest I can find online...

It doesnt seem to have a brand name or manufacturer label... but if you just Google "Remote Control For Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod" Amazon has a listing as well as a few other stock sites... via CellPhoneShop.cm

so it's not exactly ideal for me... buuuut it m,ight be for someone... and the people who've left reviews.

Shouldn't the AVRCP Bluetooth profile mean that in addition wireless headphones that would pair with and iPad 2 why couldn't a small remote control pair?? I'm slightly astounded that something so so simple is nearly non-existent. ALthough, I could just not be understanding the technology very well...

Maybe you are looking for this bluetooth remote control. It works in iPad/iPhone/iPod/iMac and also with windows computers. Google rlwebdigital and you will find one site in portuguese but you can use google translator to translate to portuguese, or ask me help in doing it for you.

AWSeebaran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not use an app like air display and use the ipads as a second screen for the PC? Then run a demo on the PC's second screen which would be the ipad.

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arbuthnott said:
Early on, someone was asking why one would want to remote control an iPad, as if there were no reasonable need for this. In my case, my 85 year old mother is an interested computer user, living on the other side of the world, who occasionally needs assistance. For her computer, we are able to VNC into the system and show her stuff directly on the screen, which she learns from very conveniently. It is much more difficult explaining things on the iPad when we can't see what she is doing and have to rely on her descriptions.

I would be very keen to find the equivalent of VNC into the iPad in order to assist with her learning curve on that device as well.

I asked about this in another thread and was told this isn't available for the iPad at all - apparently it would violate Apple's Terms of Service. In my case, I wanted our Help Desk to help our sales reps in the field who have iPads.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has nothing to do terms of service. It's about how the OS works, and the build in security. A remote control app needs complete access to an iPad and all of it's apps. iOS is specifically built to prevent one app from being able to access another app, and limit all apps access to the OS itself to approved (supposedly safe) data and procedures.

It's about security.

Doesn't mean you have to like it. Doesn't mean they are right, or wrong, or whatever. It's just the choices Apple made when designing iOS, and the compromise they chose in the security vs. accessibility balance that all computer operating systems have to deal with.

Guardianis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can answer the "why you need this" question. I must say I'm just as amazed you asked why. I own an IT firm and my clients need me to remote in to fix or change configurations. My company spends around thousands per year for various remote management applications. We can remote into PC's, Mac's, and any smart phone except IOS devices. So, yes, we need this very badly. It's the difference between a 5 minute remote session and an 90 minute trip to and from a cliemts location.

rasmataz49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll tell you why. I have a 7 month old daughter and I have put my IPAD in a headrest holder for her to watch in the car. And with her being in the back and I'm driving I can't control the IPAD. So that is why I'm looking for a remote control for the IPAD.

MikeinSF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using PC's for 20 years and Macs for 5. I just persuaded my GF to buy an iPad for her grandmother overseas, watched them have one happy Skype conversation, and then spend the next week unable to communicate because her grandmother logged out of Skype and couldn't get back in. As I write this, my GF is struggling once again to get her grandmother to log in.

iPads are being pitched for just this kind of usage - simple interface, suitable for kids and elderly etc etc. Someone long ago must have realized that this lack of remote control capability was a major problem. Frankly, given how widespread this feature is through the rest of the IT universe, I couldn't even imagine it wasn't possible for the iPad. What a huge oversight on my part.

I thought the iPad was a consumer friendly device. Now I'm thinking - so much for all of the complaints about user-unfriendly windows-based PCs. At least those were problems that could be fixed.

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to trigger my iPad remotely to start and end video and sound recordings with my iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts