What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remote control an IPAD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is some sort of a remote control for iPad? I recently bought Griffin Cinema Seat for my iPad, so that my kids can watch films at the back. I am wondering if there is a some sort of a remote control for iPad, so that I could pause or rewind or change the films, so that I wouldn't reach behind to iPad during the drive?

Thank you for your help

Brooklyn57

There is no remote control for the iPad to enable it to do what you want. The programs ('apps') in an iPad are isolated ('sandboxed') and have only very limited ability to interact. So it would not be possible for an app resident on the iPad to control other apps unless this was explicitly allowed by the iPad's operating system, iOS.

Tim

djlogan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remote control of iPad

It's easy to see reasons for remote controlling of an iPad. I just bought one for my sister, and she is a few hundred miles away from me. It would be awfully handy for me to be able to just logon to her iPad and help her out rather than have to try to walk her through things.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I Teether the iPhone to my iPad??? Is it doable??? Next iPad I'll get 3G but or now will buy Teether

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nancybout said:
How do I Teether the iPhone to my iPad??? Is it doable??? Next iPad I'll get 3G but or now will buy Teether

Not sure I'm answering your question properly. I'm assuming you mean tethering? Anyway, there's no need to buy anything, as the devices have the capability built right in.

Turn on your personal hotspot in the Settings of your iPhone, and follow the instructions contained there. You have the choice of Bluetooth or wifi. I use wifi, as I have a wireless keyboard connected via Bluetooth, but both methods work well.

acha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why?

There are several situations in wich I would love to control My Ipad with a remote. Ex: Right now my ipad is connected to my TV and I'm watching a movie from Netflix, in order to stop, rewind or fast foward I have to tand up and walk toward the ipad :( :thumbsdown:

sgillas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
teamviewer just add the www and com to go to website

Covers just about all platforms. And it is free for non commercial use.

~ Shawn

MrMartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that LogMeIn were working with Apple to make this possible, at least for their Rescue product. That may just be talk to sell licences though.

davidlones365

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 supports mirroring...

Well, since iOS 5 now supports mirroring over AirPlay, it might just be a matter of time before some developer takes advantage of it for at least some kind of remote monitoring solution. (???)

Bigdeealmighty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too like connecting my iPad to stereo aux inputs (ones that don't support ipod integration), but don't want to have to control track selection manually on the pad. A Remote would eiminate that problem.

Yael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an answer? My mom is 86 and remote controlling her iPad would save a lot of frustration. Thx

krewat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bluetooth keyboard would allow you to pause, switch tracks, etc.

As for the actual "support" side of remote-control, I have no clue ;) (yet)

VanDyck.Gunther

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can find Wireless Remote Control for iPad on the website from www+trust+com then Products > Input Devices > Wireless Remote Control for iPad

danlaw777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK so I saw a few things in here, so let me answer the "why" i need this part of the question first so as not to confuse anyone.

I am in a tech support role for a major law firm, and recently the attorneys were told to go out and buy an ipad and we'll refund your money, being in tech support, i got 1 too!! (pretty cool perk) Anyways, we have 11 different offices across the nation, and several internation offices as well. FOR ME, it would be much easier and less expensive if i were able to remote in (i.e RDP) into an Ipad to setup and configure our security software, set up their email accounts, and anything else they need. thats the WHY...

but HOW??

I have read thru this post (thanks OP for starting it) and i saw "sandboxing" which i cant remove the box for various security concerns, i saw logmein+mobil which doesnt yet offer this ability, plus a whole lotta nada (that means BS for those of you that arent Marines....)

so let me ask ANOTHER question assuming that someone doesnt come out with what i need tomorrrow....is it possible to create an app that will allow this if someone has the skills to write this kind of app?

danlaw777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
btw, i just got off the phone with logmein and teamviewer and neither of their products will control an iDevice, only the other way around....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts