What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to order iPad2 online????

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does one order one online? On apple.com it doesn't have an option to preorder. Any ideas?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ThePhotog said:
How does one order one online? On apple.com it doesn't have an option to preorder. Any ideas?

I believe they said no pre orders....everyone order or buy on the 11th correct me if I'm wrong.

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
I believe they said no pre orders....everyone order or buy on the 11th correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what it says on their website.

all i could find on their site is

Order starting March 11 and get free, fast shipping

somewhere I saw they would be at stores on the 11th at 5 pm

you would think that they could provide detailed info

richard
ft lauderdale

Reaction score
rag1247 said:
all i could find on their site is

Order starting March 11

The US store is currently quite messy, you can't buy the iPad 1 anymore and the iPad 2 not yet, in contrast the UK store is better prepared and still gives you the option to choose between the 2.

Anyway, I interpreted the quoted line as : Orders can be made as soon as march 11.

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
found under ipad - tech specs

• <LI class=ipad>Apple Online Store

Buy online starting March 11 and get free shipping. Learn more
  • Apple Retail Store

Buy in store starting at 5:00 p.m. on March 11. Find a store

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what are the chances of "most" stores having crazy lines at 5pm on Friday to pick one of these up? I guess I'm trying to gauge if it will be worth it to spend a Friday evening waiting in line... or just ordering online and waiting for it to ship.

kapitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or go saturday morning and avoid the friday queue.

How are the prices different between online Apple store and a physical Apple store in the UK? I will be in Bristol sometime March/April or I can arrange myself to be there.... and there is this Apple store right in the shopping mall.... :)

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I was getting one, I'd order online and avoid any line or contact with the Apple Store...Still go into fetal position after waiting in line for the iPhone 4... :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadOhana said:
If I was getting one, I'd order online and avoid any line or contact with the Apple Store...Still go into fetal position after waiting in line for the iPhone 4... :)

Haha. I don't really like to ship it either. All the jostling and dropping and shaking...

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm going early saturday (or sunday) morning. i may go to a neighboring city only because the two local ones are in huge malls that I dont want to deal with.

I"m thirsty with anticipation! :D

Reaction score
kapitan said:
How are the prices different between online Apple store and a physical Apple store in the UK? I will be in Bristol sometime March/April or I can arrange myself to be there.... and there is this Apple store right in the shopping mall.... :)

The prices are the same.

The iPad 1 is available for 15£ less at Vodafone, Three, etc., but I assume that the iPad 2 will not be available through network providers for month to come.

So since the prices in Apple stores online, as well as offline, are consistent, it is really up to you which method you prefer. The only difference is the free engraving when ordering online, though that pretty much eliminates any hope of reselling the device in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts