What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK ordering online info

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
it's also kinda frustrating that Apple dont send separate email confirmation on orders - you must check your account order status on their site to do that - which is on a part of the server which is still over loaded.

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My estimated arrival date is 26th April , I received a confirmation email with that date last night, all my items are being shipped together , I know some people in USA got their accessories earlier than their iPad 2.There is no shops in my city selling the iPad today as pcworld don't seem to be selling them, they removed the details from their website days ago.
So now the wait begins ;)

landyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ordered at 9.30am order went straight through not had any confirm mail yet.

Steve B

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Due to the, well 'crap'fight that was happening on the Apple Store servers I actually ordered 2 iPads... Set off my bank's security alert! Couldn't log in this morning to cancel, so for the first time ever, I actually called Apple to cancel it. I did get a very nice apology about the server problems though- will be interesting to see if Apple releases just how many they've sold with the (partial) international release.

Still can't check my original order at the Apple stores, but my confirmation email estimated delivery date is the 25th. I also think/hope that these are over-estimates as has been happening state-side.

Heading to the local reseller to ask if they got a delivery and if so, queue up for 5 hours. Oh well, gives me a good excuse to catch up on some old podcasts.

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
checked my credit card for something else and iv been charged twice, 2 separate orders , i received another confirmation email earlier , had to call and cancel one of them, couldn't get into account on line.so if you have ordered worth checking your account just in case.

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately yesterday I had to travel in the evening since we're in another town for her grandma's birthday. Meant that I couldn't go to one of the specific resellers that I knew would definitely have iPad2's in stock. Again, pretty poor communication on Apple's part as many of the smaller resellers were told they would get them, but no word on when.

Still hoping that the local 'Medimax' at the shopping centre will get delivery next week so I can cancel my 'estimated 25th of April' Apple store order.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
the trick is to ring around.

i just phoned my local apple store in cardiff to get the latest. They said there were 600-700 people lines waiting 12+ hours and their stock sold out uber fast.
i asked what model was more popular, the girl said whatever model they could get their hands on.
i think the same will go for all apple retailers. wherever you live.

i'm glad i stayed at home and ordered. so i have to wait. not the end of the world.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't be so sure about that delivery. I ordered mine (Florida) on the 11th and I'm STILL waiting!!!! :-(

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i struck lucky , only two shops in my city were selling them yesterday, a apple reseller and comet, decided comet was the best bet , got there at 4pm only to be told they had let people pre order them that day and there were non of the one i wanted available , was told that their distribution centre had some in stock and they could be ordered at 5pm, waited and ordered dead on 5pm , so got one coming Wednesday.waited about to look at the ipad on display as they were setting it up and just before the shop closed they said one of the pre orders had not turned up and did i want it, so ended up with two, as they wouldn't let me cancel my order. cancelled the order online and if my sister does not buy one i'm picking up on Wednesday will be looking for a buyer.

Most reactions

Latest posts