What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering Through Apple Online

RobGil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered 9 AM

I ordered 9 EST and got right through and confirmation in minutes and delivery date is 16-21st. I didn't want engraving. Will hurt on resale when 3 comes out.
Rob:eek:

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting, I ordered mine, 32Gig White, at 730AM EST, and I have yet to receive an order confirmation, ans delivery shows between 3/22 and 3/29. Doesnt seem to be any consistency with the shipping and delivery dates.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is everyone that has ordered an iPad 2 from Apple online getting the March 18-March 25 delivery date? I have to admit that was pretty disappointing to see! Only one store anywhere near me that may have them, and when I called them last night they had no idea what I was talking about. Wal-Mart of course! I will probably go today and check myself, if they have them, and cancel the Apple online order.

We have been sitting on the order page for 15 minutes now waiting for the order to go through (not wanting to hit refresh) so how fast did yours go through?

I ordered at 45 minutes after the opening time and the order went through like I was the only one placing an order at the time. Shipping time and shipment time were out to the 25th of March. Hopefully those dates are a CYA date. I would hope that Apple would be able to get me my order by some time next week. Time will tell.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, not happy with Apple right now....how can you not start shipping for 3 to 5 business days at the beginning of launch day? That's crazy! I got up early and ordered as soon as they became available on-line and it still said the shipping date was 3 to 5 business days and arrival slated between March 18-25th. It only took 3 hours for Apple to begin pushing the ship date back to 2 to 3 weeks. To me, this says Apple hyped it all up and didn't prepare by having enough on-hand at launch....this must be why they didn't allow pre-orders. Way to go Apple...get us all excited only to have to wait even longer!!!!

Well:

1. Hopefully they're like Amazon and are conservative with shipping estimates and actually ship sooner.

2. A problem this time is probably that that the stock is split across so many models. Original launch was just the 3 wifi models. This time there are 18 different models across color, storage capacity and the two 3G providers. So that's going to make it harder to get specific models than at the iPad 1 launch unless they have ton more.

3. If I'm wrong on number 1 above, then I have a feeling that Apple really wanted the hype of long lines at retailers and just sent the vast majority of stock there if the delays are really 1-3 weeks before any online orders start to arrive.

If so, that sucks, and means they went for hype/publicity over customer satisfaction. They should have just done preorders a month or so before then they'd know what models to make to satisfy initial demand.

But my guess is most of us will get our iPads sometime late next week.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Mac Observer is reporting a three-week shipping time.
Online iPad 2 Order Ship Times: 3 Weeks | News | The Mac Observer

If that's truly the case, I'm canceling completely and will wait for the dust to settle and the bug reports to come in. I've not done business with Apple before and now am not sure if I want to.

Well they report an "up to 3 week" ship time, which is what we already knew as some have gotten shipping in 2-3 week estimates, while others who ordered earlier got 18th to 25th estimates.

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, seeing that I'm not a morning person and got up at a very uncivilized hour to place the order, I'll just stay positive, hope for the best and go to Plan B if needed. Or maybe even Plan C, once I figure out what it is.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered at 05:00 AM EST

and received a delivery date of 18-25 March. That's fine, my iPad will hold me until the new one arrives. The download of iOs 4.3 took almost an hour for my iPhone 4 but I am all set now.

64 Gig WiFi and 3G - white so as not to confuse it with my wife's (my old) 64 gig WiFi and 3G in the only color offered last year.

Most reactions

Latest posts