What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete photo albums

Jdecha4329

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I no longer have access to the computer that I orginally used to put some photos on to my ipad1. I would like to get rid of some of the old albums but I can not delete them or individual photos from the ipad. Many of the photos have duplicate copies. The delete button will just not highlight. Anyone know of a solution?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jdecha4329 said:
I no longer have access to the computer that I orginally used to put some photos on to my ipad1. I would like to get rid of some of the old albums but I can not delete them or individual photos from the ipad. Many of the photos have duplicate copies. The delete button will just not highlight. Anyone know of a solution?

If you have access to another PC with iTunes then synch, delete pictures/directories not needed in my pictures on the PC, (assuming the synch settings are set to this), then re-synch. It should then delete them from the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have access to another PC with iTunes then synch, delete pictures/directories not needed in my pictures on the PC, (assuming the synch settings are set to this), then re-synch. It should then delete them from the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Although you should probably let the OP know that setting up a new PC Sync partnership is far more complex than this. They will need to take care that they do not lose all of the content and settings on their device, as syncing with a new PC is not a trivial change. Care and planning are key, to ensure apps, data, music, videos, etc. are not lost!

I'm no expert on setting up new sync partnerships, but I think it needs a bit more thought that the way you describe ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts