What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems deleting photos!

pegpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all - question on deleting photos from iPad1... it appears the responses on here are for later generations. I click on Photos, then the forward arrow in the upper RH corner, and then I get the buttons "Share", "Copy", and "Delete". When I click on a photo and get the little blue checkmark on it, the "Delete" button does not activate. Can't I delete photos from this view? I thought I had seen on another site as well that you cold select multiple photos at one time to delete. Please help! Why would Apple make something so difficult? :( many thanks :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pegpaw said:
Hello all - question on deleting photos from iPad1... it appears the responses on here are for later generations. I click on Photos, then the forward arrow in the upper RH corner, and then I get the buttons "Share", "Copy", and "Delete". When I click on a photo and get the little blue checkmark on it, the "Delete" button does not activate. Can't I delete photos from this view? I thought I had seen on another site as well that you cold select multiple photos at one time to delete. Please help! Why would Apple make something so difficult? :( many thanks :)

Which section of photos are you trying to delete from? You can only delete photos from photo stream when on the latest OS. Have a look in Settings - General - About and look for version, the latest is 5.1.1. Photos that have been synced from your PC/Mac can only be deleted through a resync. Let us know what OS you are on and how these photos have been put on your iPad.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Reaction score
I am unable to delete photos or albums from my iPad 1. I can check the photo, but the red delete button does not highlight.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am unable to delete photos or albums from my iPad 1. I can check the photo, but the red delete button does not highlight.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

You should be able to delete these, so maybe the app is playing up. When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly

If this does not solve it, a reset is the next step to do. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts