What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you will consider an Android Tablet?

Will you consider purchasing an Android tablet?

• Yes! It will replace my iPad.

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Yes! But I'll keep my iPad too.

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • No! I'll keep my iPad.

Votes: 119 52.7%
  • Maybe. I have to use it before I decide.

Votes: 50 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I have way too much money invested in my apps, and I think that Apple has the best user experience.
And besides, moderating this forum is enough work for us underpaid mods!

But seriously, not only do I have a lot invested in apps, I also have 2 other iPods so it is much easier to keep things "in the family" so to speak so I don't foresee straying from the iPad.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The GalaxyTab already exceeds iPad in nearly every aspect besides form factor.
The iPad is a damn elegant design and UI.

If I were to purchase a tablet for myself I would be giving serious consideration to the Galaxy Tab.
However, being an Apple fanatic I will probably wait for the 3rd or 4th gen iPad and see how they react to the Android competition that is sure to put some pressure on them before buying a tablet.

MikeM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eazel-stand.com
The Apple AppStore is so over-crowded with crappy, useless applications, I'll be thrilled to have a tablet that is more open to developers. Apple is making the same mistake that it made in the 80s - over-controlling developers. This stifles competition and sends programmers to other platforms. Oh, and being able to take advantage of flash websites, an obvious no-brainer. Yes, I'm thrilled to see new non-Apple tablets appear.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple AppStore is so over-crowded with crappy, useless applications, I'll be thrilled to have a tablet that is more open to developers. Apple is making the same mistake that it made in the 80s - over-controlling developers.
From Apple's App Store Review Guidelines:
"We have over 250,000 apps in the App Store. We don't need any more Fart apps."
How dare them tell me I can't have any more fart apps! Maybe I will go out and get an Android tablet after all!

OP
Superbike81

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny thing is, one of the highest downloaded apps on the Android Marketplace is actually a fart sound app.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Refund

One thing I heard about the Android system... you have 24h to get a reimbursement no-questions-asked for any app you buy on their store. (Please correct me if I heard wrong).
I think that would be awesome on the Apple App Store. I have many times wasted 0.99$s and 1.99$s. Ratings and reviews aren't a sure way to ensure you will like the app.

Much as the rules say no refund I have after complaining via email have received several refunds for what I described as applications that were incorrectly advertised or just bad news. I also read reviews on other web sites prior to buying. Just thought i would let you know.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with numblock frankly I love the iTunes for one major reason is that I sync 2 iPads 2 iPhones 2 iPod touch's and the apple tv ( prior version) with my MacBook every thing just works on all devices. I know many hate iTunes however i believe that it is a under a major upgrade and hopefully will resolve many issues users have. I use a combination of apps to find apps i want as the search in iTunes is I must say awkward. Like food recipes etc. No separate section. Music is fantastic we use apple tv for most previews before buying as it is connected to our surround system As for android and apps I am content paying for some thing i want and I do not find the cost high i mean let's face it how many apps do you really use and own? Flash is a non event for me as it does not affect my browsing. i have a MacBook if I really want to go or look at flash site. The one thing I love about the iPad is in fact it's slick fast interface and no wait start up plus awesome battery life. I also believe in quality of construction which quite frankly apple is know for. I am totally open to look at competitors products so please do not label me a fan boy I love the technology and if some one produces a better product that does more than what i currently use then i would consider buying it but in saying that it will have to be something non of us ever could even dream about as I think for now the current offerings from competitors will be similar with maybe a few added options that people want. I would almost bet if in fact a 10 " tablet similar to the iPad came along it will have some thing that users do not like or hate. Any way that's my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I heard about the Android system... you have 24h to get a reimbursement no-questions-asked for any app you buy on their store. (Please correct me if I heard wrong).
I think that would be awesome on the Apple App Store. I have many times wasted 0.99$s and 1.99$s.

You heard correctly you get 24hours, better than a lite or demo version. Just buy the App and try it. If you don't like it just go back to the Android market and click Refund. I'm afraid that having to grapple with iPad App makers for a refund really does not compare.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I might buy one of those super cheapo Chinese ones sooner or later just to see what it can do, but I'm not buying an $800 7" screen Galaxy tablet.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Col pretty much sums up my thoughts.
See no need to replace the iPad unless something obviously superior turns up.
And no, flash is in no way a reason.....

Ravyu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About the os

I think the Android os sucks. My dad thinks it sucks. My uncle thinks it sucks. So in my view I will never get an android tablet or phone even if it is a billion times better as I have to be loyal to apple what the heck do you say?

Gabriel1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even the new Archos 101 which is a 10" Android tablet has a major fault that Is forcing many people to return it or not buy it. Apparently the functionality of the unit is excellent, it even has simple access to the Android Marketplace, but the screen has terrible viewing angle problems.

Interesting as I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, however I was really just pointing out that 10 inch screen alternatives are starting to appear now, rather than having to wait 6 months.

OP
Superbike81

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might buy one of those super cheapo Chinese ones sooner or later just to see what it can do, but I'm not buying an $800 7" screen Galaxy tablet.

I wouldn't reccomend doing either of those things. Most of the cheap Chinese ones have zero support, no marketplace, and in general perform poorly. The Galaxy performs fairly well, but it's way overpriced.

Wait a couple months until after the holidays and you'll see quite a few released for around $300. The Notion Ink Adam is the one I'm holding out the most hope for, but the lowish screen resolution makes me nervous. Unless it receives stellar reviews, I'll look into the Acer high resolution tablets when they are released.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with Superbike81, I think a really good Android tablet will be, out in the next few months. If it's better then the iPad, the. I will probably buy it and eBay my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts