What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been there, done that... sold it

carlodf64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After having been the owner of a top-of-the-line iPad-2, I've decide to sell it because of the too many limitations it had in favour of an Android tablet (eee Pad Transformer).
Since I don't want to start a war, I'm just going to highlight what I liked more in the iPad.
If you want to know what I like more in my current tablet, and why I ain't going to change it despite its minuses, just message me or post a request here (after all I'm still an iPad owner, it's just for sale in a sort-of shop).

- iPad has a sleeker, slender, sort of flashing design; althoug it's a matter of taste, I felt it a bit more handy than the Transformer
- iPad has a better build, with a few smart ideas (like magnets for switching off/on and attaching/detaching cover)
- iOS is more roboust: I never experienced a crash or a fault, although I read of other users whom this happened - but I stayed well clear off of those apps that were reportedly causing such crashes/freezes
- there is a wider choice of accessories available in shops, whereas for the Transformer I have to resort more to eBay and inet in general
- screen animation is extremely fluid and snappy, whereas Transformer has some small lag here and there
- cleaner, consistent interface (sometime even way too clean, though)
- so far, Osmos and Geometry War are only available on Apple :)
- on iPad, Skype supports videocall whereas on the Transformer not yet (although support is being extended to new tablets on a constant basis)
- iPad has plenty of stylish (although to me a bit useless) applications that make surfing/socializing/keeping in touch and so on a very pleasant experience
- iPad (the model I used) had 64 gigs, whereas usually Android tablets only come with maximum 32 gigs, and mine is "only" 16 gigs

That's it. I hope nobody took offence

C.

PS: in a nutshell, the reason why I jumped the boat is that I think that a device must adapt to me and my way of working and not the other way round, especially if the device is so expensive
PS2: for those of you who are keen on bikes, I think iPad is to other tables what HD V-Rod is to other bikes - had a V-Rod too, and sold it too :)

Most reactions

Latest posts