What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you will consider an Android Tablet?

Will you consider purchasing an Android tablet?

• Yes! It will replace my iPad.

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Yes! But I'll keep my iPad too.

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • No! I'll keep my iPad.

Votes: 119 52.7%
  • Maybe. I have to use it before I decide.

Votes: 50 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Superbike81

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And round and round it goes....where it stops.....insanity :D

Here's an idea, contribute something to the thread instead of your immature sideways comments.

You might think this is pointless, but look at the numbers, almost 50% of the people who have voted are at least considering checking out a new Android tablet as a possible replacement for their iPad. On an iPad specific forum, that's not an insignificant number. So obviously there are enough people frustrated enough with their iPad to seek out the possibility of replacing it with a next-gen Android tablet.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The comment I was replying to had nothing to do with the iPad, it said apple products. Mac OSX is about the most advanced OS on the market...it is only installed on Apple products.

That isn't exactly true. It is only designed for Apple products, but it runs just fine on non Apple branded hardware :D

Don't know that I would say just fine....but its ok.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Superbike81 said:
Here's an idea, contribute something to the thread instead of your immature sideways comments.

You might think this is pointless, but look at the numbers, almost 50% of the people who have voted are at least considering checking out a new Android tablet as a possible replacement for their iPad. On an iPad specific forum, that's not an insignificant number. So obviously there are enough people frustrated enough with their iPad to seek out the possibility of replacing it with a next-gen Android tablet.

Dude. Calm down. Seriously. Im just havin a little fun and taken the piss. I have already stated I will look at an android tablet.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The comment I was replying to had nothing to do with the iPad, it said apple products. Mac OSX is about the most advanced OS on the market...it is only installed on Apple products.

That isn't exactly true. It is only designed for Apple products, but it runs just fine on non Apple branded hardware :D

Hackintosh computers dollar for dollar destroy the real things in benchmarks.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone who finds themselves frustrated with the iPad's limitations should consider jailbreaking. This weekend I jailbroke my iPad 4.2.1 using redsn0w and feel much more satisfied with the device.

So now, having a jailbroken iPad, would I consider an Android device in the future? Sure, I like the possibility of a usb port, hdmi, sd card slots, and official supported widgets, but I might not be as fast to jump ship...

No longer imprisoned behind Apple's anti-freedom "We Think For You" ideology, the jailbroken iPad retains its beautiful design, but adds a highly configurable, individualized experience, connected to a huge community of developers, that can help the iPad do so much more, bringing it that much closer to a laptop replacement. In fact, for day to day tasks, it has become my laptop replacement.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad has replaced my laptop and it is not jail broken. Someone bumped a cup of tea on keyboard before Xmas now dead dead so all I have is the iPad until it's replaced I use it for everything several hours a day

recDNA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this time, there is no decent Android Tablet out in my opinion. The tablets that are available each have some fairly major faults when compared to the iPad.

However, in the next 1-6 months, we will be finally seeing some high quality products as well as an Android tablet-specific OS upgrade. When these come out, they will be technically more functional than an iPad due to the more open file system, expansion ports, HDMI, SD cards, etc, etc. But as many will attest, it's going to be difficult to beat the silky smooth user interface of the iPad. Until that gets worked out (if ever) lets just assume you will be sacrificing some smoothness for added functionality.

So, out of the current iPad owners, or prospective owners, how many of you will strongly consider purchasing an Android tablet?

PS. Not really considering the Windows based tablets and other propietary tablets in this poll, as most analysts don't think they will have a major impact, and the war will come down to Apple vs Google in the end.

The IPAD I use is my wife's so I don't have to "replace" it but I do prefer the Android platform because it is so much easier to manage files in folders just as I would in a PC. I see no DISadvantage to Android and the operating system is much more intuitive for me being a PC user.

I do want my first Android tablet to have the same size screen as my IPAD. The one's I've seen so far look like big cell phones rather than tablets. I prefer HD quality picture and HD ratio screen.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have to agree here, running OSX on my PC dual boot and I love it

Great, and if any single element of my mac has a problem they will replace it. I already had a mouse replaced. I've had entire workstations replaced in the past. When you buy an Apple product you are also buying the service that goes with it.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

Great, and if any single element of my mac has a problem they will replace it. I already had a mouse replaced. I've had entire workstations replaced in the past. When you buy an Apple product you are also buying the service that goes with it.

I run a computer business. I can fix it myself for next to nothin xD

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You get a standard warranty the same as if you buy an emachines dumpy desktop from best buy. When you are out of warranty, Apple will laugh at you if you ask them to replace a workstation for free or even to replace a mouse. Had first hand experience with this involving 2 separate ibooks, so I am not just guessing. And if you are talking about applecare, then big whoop, you can pay any store for insurance.

For example, the Macbook Pro comes with:

Your MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty.

That is a bragging point? A 300 dollar laptop at best buy comes with a year warranty. Don't get that telephone support though.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple products come with a one year warranty no different to any other manufacture. You have the option to purchase extended warranty on any pc if you don't you are at the mercy of what ever it costs to fix. Exceptions are Asus some models offer 2 year world wide warranty. Depending where you purchase Apple products you may be offered 3rd party warranty covered for up to 3 years. No manufacture covers software or user error issues

Depending where you purchase your computer many offer international warranty providing you register the serial number. Apple 3 year support also offers phone support and on site hardware support depending what country you reside in.

One important fact is cost of owner ship is lower with Apple than most other pc manufactures.

Last edited:

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i had an ipad now i would keep it.

Last edited:

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another glaring flaw with iPad that you won't have any problems with on Android... Bluetooth headset support.

It's like Apple is TRYING to be frustrating. apple sucks, sorry just had to get that out... No bluetooth headset support? WTF?

Yes, absolutely, I would consider an Android device. It's like asking a homeless man if he would consider shelter.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another glaring flaw with iPad that you won't have any problems with on Android... Bluetooth headset support.

It's like Apple is TRYING to be frustrating. apple sucks, sorry just had to get that out... No bluetooth headset support? WTF?

Yes, absolutely, I would consider an Android device. It's like asking a homeless man if he would consider shelter.

What are you talking about? I connect my iPad to my car stereo all the time. Works just fine. If you mean you can't use a bluetooth to make phone calls....well news flash, you cant make phone calls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts