What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many AppStore updates do you have pending?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None. Why would you have them pending and not just update them?
Because if you change your email and update your iTunes account but not your AT&T account information and it locks you out and prevents you from updating....

OUCH!

Sorry Marie... too soon???

unknownjpg2.jpg

:D

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score

...because you have a 5GB data restriction?!?
Some installations are rather large. So I want to have some benefit from the update.
I had some updates that stated the implementation of iAds. Hmmm. Data restriction, then an update adding to my used volume and then still more traffic due to the incredibly useful advertising....

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides hating little numbers on my icons I love seeing updates!

This is me. I usually "check" not even to shop just to check for updates every day at least once. Just to see. Then if there are any I usually click update all. Last night I Had 5 I was happy. I don't know its like hey they are making changes I wonder whats good!

PS I do hate when an update breaks things that work fine.. like the netflix awhile back... but thats rare.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

...because you have a 5GB data restriction?!?
Some installations are rather large. So I want to have some benefit from the update.
I had some updates that stated the implementation of iAds. Hmmm. Data restriction, then an update adding to my used volume and then still more traffic due to the incredibly useful advertising....

Go to McD's or Starbucks and update while sipping coffee! :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with you Brenn... I almost always tap the App Store button before even checking my email!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The free wifi they provide here is way too slow -- a few times the uploads kept dropping out, leaving the device with greyed-out icons. But about once a fortnight, I hop into the local Apple Store and get everything updated in one big shot, about 10-15 mins.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The free wifi they provide here is way too slow -- a few times the uploads kept dropping out, leaving the device with greyed-out icons. But about once a fortnight, I hop into the local Apple Store and get everything updated in one big shot, about 10-15 mins.

I had some grey icons, too, already.
And McD's Germany needs you to register a cell phone number. And, on top of that, the phone provider must be t-mobile. Otherwise the log in process gets really cumbersome. :(

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish there was an option where I could go into App Store app, and select the apps which I don't (ever) want to update (because they're working perfectly fine as they are) - and not have the number buttons appearing.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish there was an option where I could go into App Store app, and select the apps which I don't (ever) want to update (because they're working perfectly fine as they are) - and not have the number buttons appearing.

Exactly what I say. Just have a little button to just say you don't need an update. And then get a new reminder once the next update is out and then decide again.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I check iTunes on my desktop everynight before bed to see if there are app updates. Then my iPhone goes on the charger for the night with the updates synced right in. (I charge iPhone via the desktop usually- all in one, an automatic back-up, sync, and charge. I might then update on iPad directly, but every other day, I'll sync iPad to the desktop just to have a backup too. I like to have both in check.

Most reactions