What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many AppStore updates do you have pending?

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally reached over 100 updates available in the App store (thats how many apps I had installed but that I really didn't use)...

Then I upgraded to 4.2.1 (to do the un-tethered jailbreak) and realized how much having 500 apps installed was slowing down my iPad! It is so much faster now (still have over 200 apps installed)!

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, installed apps slowing down my iPad. Gonna give that one a try.
It's always creeping around 20-30 MB when I use it. After closing down some apps and freeing memory, I get up to around 140 MB, but that's not for long though.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most apps are up-dated for a reason - to fix bugs and glitches etc, why leave the up-dating, do it as they appear and help your iPad run more smoothly. This is just my opinion mind!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a recall notice from Toyota. They said all I had to do was bring in my minivan to my dealer and they would fix the problem for free. My minivan runs just fine so I don't see why I should take time out of my extremely busy schedule to get the recall done. I wish they would stop sending me those annoying notices!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it really matter just update when you connect why is it such a big deal about the number of updates pending

Exactly. Goodness.

6ffef6e6.png
<<<< Colin & Marie

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I update through iTunes on my desktop every night. It's just easier that way rather than have a whole pile that then have to update in at the same time. I had an iPhone long before iPad so I've been doing this all along since iOS came out with apps in 2008 anyway. It's better than having 30 apps get updated at the same time! I sync daily.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My minivan runs just fine so I don't see why I should take time out of my extremely busy schedule to get the recall done. I wish they would stop sending me those annoying notices!

Because of the legal liability, I think: for example, if there was a problem and they ignored it, then an accident happened which was caused by that problem, they'd be exposing themselves to a tort or worse, class action.

Most reactions