What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any update on shipments of ipad 2

Godfather4190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on march 12 and had the same delivery dates as you guys, but no email moving up those dates yet. You guys are lucky!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragonbc21 said:
Morining all. Well yesterday was the last straw. Two ipad 2 showed up at my office yesterday from a 3rd party vendor!!!! I was furious and called apple. Of course I got all tHe apologies and they now decided to throw in the red leather cover for me for free 69.00. And here is tHe kicker this morning I got a shipment confiRmation. It's in she zen china and I should receive April 6th. I early. Hope everyone on this posts is also getting those same confirmation emails today!!!:)

I want to call and complain because I have to receive mine on a business day or be forced to wait three more days which I'm not keen on. (besides, everyone is complaining) I would rather have a keyboard for the same price or apple care for ten more. Lol. Beggars can't be choosers I'm sure.

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received good news this morning.

My iPad 2 will be here on April 6th. The original date was April 14th.

I ordered my unit on March 12th.

Only item that hasn't shipped is the Docking Station.

Received info that the Docking Station has shipped also and will be here on April 7th.

With that, I'll have received everything I ordered from Apple on March 12th.

The only item that I'm anxious to see some reviews on is the Joy SmartFit2 Clear back for the iPad 2.

craigrhome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My original ETA was April 14, but I just heard thas it has shipped & is expected tomorrow (april 4)

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with most of you guys. It's pretty terrible that the online order folk have to wait but 3rd party retailers get them just about daily. Part of why I ordered online was the convenience of not having to hunt down a store and wait in line. I live near DC and it's an incredibly hot market for all things shiny, new, and expensive. My ship day is way far away (in my impatient mind), but because I work daily and haven't decided to take time off work to wait in line, I'll be counting the days until I get my shipping notification.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
I agree with most of you guys. It's pretty terrible that the online order folk have to wait but 3rd party retailers get them just about daily. Part of why I ordered online was the convenience of not having to hunt down a store and wait in line. I live near DC and it's an incredibly hot market for all things shiny, new, and expensive. My ship day is way far away (in my impatient mind), but because I work daily and haven't decided to take time off work to wait in line, I'll be counting the days until I get my shipping notification.

Where do you work? Is you ETA in May?

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved mine at Best Buy on March 12, 32GIG wifi black. Since then I have been stopping at Best Buy stores in Eastern Virginia. Several have had the 32GIG wifi in white. The store I reserved mine at had 2 in white today. For $600, I'm going to wait and get what I want. But they are out there, if you want white.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:

Where do you work? Is you ETA in May?

I work at a hospital. I'm going to the apple store tomorrow AM at 6:30 to wait for their 9am open. I've decided waiting a few hours is better than waiting a few weeks.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I talked myself into getting the white since Best Buy had the 64g Verizon's constantly in stock. I'm very happy with my purchase. No regrets.

Tajada220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bdsks said:
I ordered the 64GB, Black WiFi on March 12th. I have been showing a ship date of April 11th, delivery April 14th for the last few weeks. This morning I received an email that it had shipped and estimated delivery is April 6th. Looks like they are making progress on back orders.

I ordered mine on the 14th and have the same ship and delivery dates (11th and 14th). I've been anxiously checking my email quite often but nothing yet. The only movement I've seen is that Apple did the preauthorized check of funds to my bank account on the 1st. For those of you that have been given ship notifications; Do you know how long it was between the funds check to your bank account and the time you received the ship notification from Apple?

Tajada220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my ship notification this morning!

Apr 4, 2011 11:50 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
Apr 4, 2011 5:42 PM In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
Apr 4, 2011 2:52 PM Left FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN
Apr 3, 2011 7:07 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Apr 4, 2011 8:07 AM Picked up SHENZHEN CN

Most reactions

Latest posts