What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we really know we bought a iPad4? Where is it noted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems they just re-packeged the iPas3 and added the new small plug for their new power supply. I don't see any way of obtaining any real hard data, that tells me it is a new iPad and not just a iPad3 with a new plug.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
Seems they just re-packeged the iPas3 and added the new small plug for their new power supply. I don't see any way of obtaining any real hard data, that tells me it is a new iPad and not just a iPad3 with a new plug.

That's not something Apple would do. Anyway, plug it into your computer, go to iTunes and the information you want will be found there.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
General-> Settings -> About -> Model. That will tell you a lot.

OR

System Status and wait for it to go on sale for 99 cents. It will show you the exact hardware in the iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
I would like to see something that really told me that my new iPad4 if it's really a iPad4 is different from the iPad3, other then the new power interface plug and transformer charger. I look in the settings the "about" I see nothing that really says what the guts of the iPad are. My Apple store receipt just says I bought an iPad with 64gb. Nothing else.

Have you thought about getting a big sticker that says "iPad 4" and sticking it to the screen?

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you think Apple would scam you that way, presumably they'd try to cover their tracks in the Settings, etc.

So if you're suspicious, the best way to tell is to test the features that are supposed to have been improved.

iPad 3 vs iPad 4: the key differences | News | TechRadar

Try some speed tests, provided your router and Internet service are good enough to show the diffs.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

WoW....
If your that skeptical of Apple why did you even risk purchasing one?
The plug has the new lightning connector so I know I'm good......no concerns.

Can you imagine the reprocussions if Apple did something like you suggest?
Use it and enjoy......

Last edited:

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would expect a little better from a SUPER MODERATOR.

Why???? They are here for exactly 2 reasons.

1) Enforce rules.
2) Add content.

He did #2 without breaking #1.

BTW if you are allowed to express your opinion, why can't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts